Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

Yeah saw that TRM, I’m not shocked.
Just disappointed.

By no accounts has Hurts looked great, and we know how much Howie likes to feel like he swindled the other team. Getting a franchise QB who will only turn 26 next month on a discount is 100% up his alley.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What I don't get is besides the moral stuff...

How are they trading for Watson unless they know how all the legal stuff will settle and if he can play this year?

My assumption is they’d know where those cases stand and feel like they might be dismissed or settled. Or they are fine with whatever because he likely won’t go to jail and even if he would get a suspension from the league (which they are staying out of it), they are fine with it because he’ll only be turning 27 as the 2022 season starts.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

My assumption is they’d know where those cases stand and feel like they might be dismissed or settled. Or they are fine with whatever because he likely won’t go to jail and even if he would get a suspension from the league (which they are staying out of it), they are fine with it because he’ll only be turning 27 as the 2022 season starts.

They are staying out of it for now, but do we really believe the league won't suspend him?

This is tough. Preparing for it already with some spin zones. Kobe Bryant managed to repair his image and it was a non-issue for his career. Watson’s defense has said they won’t settle w/ an NDA so maybe they’ll flat out beat the allegations. Umm, what else!?

Right when things were calming down for this franchise, the foundation for a rebuild was set, of course Howie wants to do something drastic.

It's hard to really comprehend what happens here.... I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but that is a lot of accusers. On one hand we get a top 5 QB at a young age and we instantly become playoff contenders... on the other hand what if he actually did all that stuff? Do you really want this guy to be your QB?

It's hard to not feel anything but really confused about all this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is tough. Preparing for it already with some spin zones. Kobe Bryant managed to repair his image and it was a non-issue for his career. Watson’s defense has said they won’t settle w/ an NDA so maybe they’ll flat out beat the allegations. Umm, what else!?

Right when things were calming down for this franchise, the foundation for a rebuild was set, of course Howie wants to do something drastic.

This franchise and QB controversy go hand in hand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's hard to really comprehend what happens here.... I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but that is a lot of accusers. On one hand we get a top 5 QB at a young age and we instantly become playoff contenders... on the other hand what if he actually did all that stuff? Do you really want this guy to be your QB?

It's hard to not feel anything but really confused about all this.

Where I'm at too. 20+ accusers is so many. I mean there's really just 2 ways to interpret it at this stage: this guy is an all time scumbag, or a bunch of people who had interactions with him see an opportunity to make some $$$ and are all piling on (perhaps egged on by Houston's looney FO, stories I've read about them are wild). That's a heck of a gamble, even if we pretend it's a 50/50 innocent/guilty. 

Ultimately though, just as people should wait for the actual case to settle before drawing conclusions, so should a damn team interested in trading for him. I get it, his value pre-case conclusion is going to be tiny compared to post-case (if innocent), but that's for a good reason! 

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where I'm at too. 20+ accusers is so many. I mean there's really just 2 ways to interpret it at this stage: this guy is an all time scumbag, or a bunch of people who had interactions with him see an opportunity to make some $$$ and are all piling on (perhaps egged on by Houston's looney FO, stories I've read about them are wild). That's a heck of a gamble, even if we pretend it's a 50/50 innocent/guilty. 

Ultimately though, just as people should wait for the actual case to settle before drawing conclusions, so should a damn team interested in trading for him. I get it, his value pre-case conclusion is going to be tiny compared to post-case (if innocent), but that's for a good reason! 

Pretty much this. It's more likely than not a mixed bag. I'm sure there are some that are legit, some that are exaggerating, and some that are an outright lie looking to cash in.

Still, I'm pretty against it 1. For his ability to stay on the field due to legal trouble. 2. Just him as a person.