2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

Is there a reason Jaden Ivey doesn't want to go to Sacramento?  Or is it just in general?

where you see that at?  Just curious.  I saw Keegan Murray's interview just now about the Kings and it's looking more and more like they will take him over Ivey at 4.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

where you see that at?  Just curious.  I saw Keegan Murray's interview just now about the Kings and it's looking more and more like they will take him over Ivey at 4.

I believe Jonathan Givony was reporting it.

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

If we keep pick 26 which I doubt I wouldnt mind these guys:

SF Kendall Brown

C Walker Kessler

PG Kennedy Chandler

C Christian Koloko

Kessler and Koloko are going to be good role players in the NBA.  Don't know much about Brown, but Chandler I think has an outside shot of being a core piece on a good team.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is there a reason Jaden Ivey doesn't want to go to Sacramento?  Or is it just in general?

fit with fox and mitchell probably. but the two teams right after them are also places that he's lived before which he mentioned in an interview the other day

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just in general I'd assume, he worked out for them but his agent just said that it's not his preferred destination. He's a CAA client and they basically run the Knicks so I'm guessing that's where he wants to end up.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I believe Jonathan Givony was reporting it.

Ok, now I see it.  I think he just dont want to play for them due to the Kings reputation of ruining player careers.  He clearly wants to play for the Pistons it looks like.  Can't say I blame him tbh. 

Edited by Texansfan713

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't really view Jabari as an MVP talent but I agree that it's a pretty good class and there are a lot of guys that will have long careers. You think this draft is full of future All-Stars? Who do you think projects to be that good?

Future all stars

Jabari

Paolo

Ivey

Mathurin - if he’s allowed to primarily play the 2

Shaedon

Johnny Davis - if he allows to primarily play the 2 

so that’s 6 and I don’t think they’re perennial but I do think all 6 of them will make at least 1 all star game. 

then my list of guys I see making a major impact on their teams. 

Murray, Ochai, Eason, Liddell, Jalen Duren

then Patrick Baldwin as a significant wildcard. Could be nothing could be an all star. 

then personally for the Cavs I don’t want Branham. He doesn’t do it for me. I don’t think he is going to be what people ar forecasting. Give me Tari Eason. He’s who I want at 14 him or Johnny David. I’d even personally take Liddell over Branham. Liddell I think has a great chance of being the steal of the draft. If anybody is going to be the next Draymond Green it’s Liddell. He’s a glue player that does it all. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

then personally for the Cavs I don’t want Branham. He doesn’t do it for me. I don’t think he is going to be what people ar forecasting. Give me Tari Eason. He’s who I want at 14 him or Johnny David. I’d even personally take Liddell over Branham. Liddell I think has a great chance of being the steal of the draft. If anybody is going to be the next Draymond Green it’s Liddell. He’s a glue player that does it all. 

I like Branham and you guys need more wing scoring, I think he'd pair well with Garland. How does Liddell fit with Lauri, Allen, and Mobley?

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Ok, now I see it.  I think he just dont want to play for them due to the Kings reputation of ruining player careers.  He clearly wants to play for the Pistons it looks like.  Can't say I blame him tbh. 

He worked out for the Kings, he didn't say he won't play there, just that it's not his preferred destination. He wants to be a Knick, just don't think they have the assets to move up for him.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He worked out for the Kings, he didn't say he won't play there, just that it's not his preferred destination. He wants to be a Knick, just don't think they have the assets to move up for him.

i took that as he prefers they do not take him. aka he dont want to play for them.