2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My point being, I think the baseline skills are there, they just need reps and refinement.  Maybe 35% out the gate is optimistic, but it wouldn't shock me.

Mobley's success is encouraging because Chet is more skilled, a better shooter, and a better rim protector.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt that Presti would give up any 2023 draft capital with Victor as the potential prize. A Victor/Chet front court would be insane.

I think they'll be too good to be bad enough to have much odds at snagging #1, but as long as you are in the lottery you have to protect those picks.  Unless you know an absolute bum year is coming up, which happens occasionally. 

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think they'll be too good to be bad enough to have much odds at snagging #1, but as long as you are in the lottery you have to protect those picks.  Unless you know an absolute bum year is coming up, which happens occasionally. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see OKC move out of #12 to acquire another pick next year if there's not someone they love on the board. They're set to have their own 1st, Denver's 1st (lottery protected), and potentially Washington's 1st (lottery protected). So the ammo to potentially get that #1 pick is obtainable for sure.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see OKC move out of #12 to acquire another pick next year if there's not someone they love on the board. They're set to have their own 1st, Denver's 1st (lottery protected), and potentially Washington's 1st (lottery protected). So the ammo to potentially get that #1 pick is obtainable for sure.

No one is trading that #1 pick when a perceived generational talent is there.  You could offer them 10 1st rd picks, wouldn't do it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

No one is trading that #1 pick when a perceived generational talent is there.  You could offer them 10 1st rd picks, wouldn't do it. 

I think it just depends, Wiggins was touted as a generational prospect and was traded. Fultz wasn't on that level but the pick was traded as well. I'd assume SGA would probably have to be involved though.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it just depends, Wiggins was touted as a generational prospect and was traded. Fultz wasn't on that level but the pick was traded as well. I'd assume SGA would probably have to be involved though.

I don't recall anyone ever calling Wiggins or Fultz generational.  I'm not as sold on Victor as everyone else, but I would say he's above those two as a draft prospect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't recall anyone ever calling Wiggins or Fultz generational.  I'm not as sold on Victor as everyone else, but I would say he's above those two as a draft prospect.

Wiggins, imo, was considered generational at the time. A lot of people said he was the best prospect since LeBron or at least the best prospect in the one-n-done era since Greg Oden. He was supposed to be a superstar. Victor is different though because the US audience really hasn't/won't get a lot of exposure to him before the draft. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

wiggins had stuuuuupid hype before his kansas season. even after his kansas season. 

• Like 1

Victor will be hyped by the people who follow the draft closely but playing in Europe and the lack of exposure to the American audience will ding him in the eyes of the masses as a "generational prospect." Just like what happened with Luka.