Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@jasonwbantle, @HokieHigh, @TL-TwoWinsAway

These posts right here are something you need to consider.   It is good to listen to what players are saying about another player.  listen to the case they are making.    BUT once you type a players name and decide to bold it as your vote, that is all YOUR responsibility.    The incessant blaming of someone else for where your vote ended is not good

I do largely agree, and it's something I struggle with.

I just... the Scoundrel/squire thing felt like Nach/Josh from last game all over again. Josh is about to be lynched, Nacho feeds him the narrative about him being a doctor, Josh claims doctor, survives the night and scum ends up winning.

squire is leading the vote, Scoundrel says "if you vote him, he's just taking over for me so you won't be getting rid of him", and none of the town who have town leans on squire come to his aid.

I dunno. Not my proudest moment, so I guess I shouldn't want to relive it.

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

Town, I'm glad ya'll pulled that out at the end. Not pretty, but a win is a win. @TL-TwoWinsAway probably a humbling game for you, but your intensity and effort is fun to watch, especially considering what mafia has seemingly turned into with a good amount of inactives in every game. You're a natural, but my one piece of advice would be to not to tunnel so much. I know it's hard. I'm not an expert by any means. And you pulled it out in the end which is all that matters. Well done. 

Humbling? What, there's something wrong with me riding every single town character throughout the entire game and trying my best to get them all voted out? I thought I did that pretty well.

Wait, I wasn't supposed to do that?

(Side note: I hated that you were lost early. I felt you were really trying to help me out, especially as I read back over your posts. Your early reads were fantastic.)

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You did very well there at the end helping me out. Thanks for trusting me. I felt like that was one moment where I sort of didn't suck completely.

And about as cheap as it comes lmao.  

All hosts should include these rules going forward you all know why 

1.  If you do not open your pm and/or join scum discord by end of d1 you will be replaced or modkilled

2.  If you make a bet with the intent to use it as a cheap way to clear yourself you will be modkilled 

3.  No players from the game will be used as a replaced after d2.  You want out, you will be modkilled. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, swoosh said:

And that was the last time I'll ever avoid following my gut. Reasoning is overrated. 

I think it’s best to play with both. 

Trust your gut and follow it, then back it up with reason.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

And about as cheap as it comes lmao.  

All hosts should include these rules going forward you all know why 

1.  If you do not open your pm and/or join scum discord by end of d1 you will be replaced or modkilled

2.  If you make a bet with the intent to use it as a cheap way to clear yourself you will be modkilled 

3.  No players from the game will be used as a replaced after d2.  You want out, you will be modkilled. 

I agree with all three with one addendum... I don't mind players who weren't involved in the game being used at all for replacements. But those who were originally in the game must:

1. have had no knowledge that wasn't known publically

2. died no later than n1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Humbling? What, there's something wrong with me riding every single town character throughout the entire game and trying my best to get them all voted out? I thought I did that pretty well.

Wait, I wasn't supposed to do that?

(Side note: I hated that you were lost early. I felt you were really trying to help me out, especially as I read back over your posts. Your early reads were fantastic.)

Once you learn more roles, setups, play with a power, etc you will get a better grasp and it will help a lot as well. Suspecting Raves at the end probably wouldn't have happened. He was a cleared town, which should have made the vote easier for you since you knew you were town and Dome should have been "cleared" in a sense due to his character (though that can get in a grey area)

50 minutes ago, Dome said:

It probably didn’t help that I was crying about how @TL-TwoWinsAway made me vote for squire while simultaneously accusing @TL-TwoWinsAway of copying my squire read so he could blend in

sorry @TL-TwoWinsAway I’m sure that was super frustrating lol… part of it was me just amusing myself, but truly it helped me see you as town because you were confused by more than you attempted to use it to lynch me.

I do have to believe that the MVP of all of this was Dome being able to decipher both Raves (who he has a history of playing with) and I (who he doesn't) at the end.

I had a hard time believing that Pickle would just sacrifice himself at the end, and I made the only case I could come up with to justify it. Not only did Dome hear me out, he also gave Raves a thorough chance to explain himself, and ultimately pulled the trigger on making the right call. His read there was the reason we pulled it off. (At one point, Raves voted Dome... and I was close to following. Had Pickle jumped in and voted Dome there, scum would've won.)

Great job Dome.

(I thought that squire read thing was actually quite funny, as confusing as it was. I'm pretty sure I said, loudly, "whaaaaat" in my living room.)

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I do have to believe that the MVP of all of this was Dome being able to decipher both Raves (who he has a history of playing with) and I (who he doesn't) at the end.

I had a hard time believing that Pickle would just sacrifice himself at the end, and I made the only case I could come up with to justify it. Not only did Dome hear me out, he also gave Raves a thorough chance to explain himself, and ultimately pulled the trigger on making the right call. His read there was the reason we pulled it off. (At one point, Raves voted Dome... and I was close to following. Had Pickle jumped in and voted Dome there, scum would've won.)

Great job Dome.

(I thought that squire read thing was actually quite funny, as confusing as it was. I'm pretty sure I said, loudly, "whaaaaat" in my living room.)

Ironically I'd give MVP to Tk3 despite him not even winning.

squire12 would probably be my second choice.

Dome saved the game in the end but was also AWOL before then, and kinda all over the place in terms of early reads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Once you learn more roles, setups, play with a power, etc you will get a better grasp and it will help a lot as well. Suspecting Raves at the end probably wouldn't have happened. He was a cleared town, which should have made the vote easier for you since you knew you were town and Dome should have been "cleared" in a sense due to his character (though that can get in a grey area)

So, I thought about this whole thing for a long time. (Like, I was woken up last night and couldn't fall back to sleep as my mind explored every possibility.)

Couldn't it have been possible that Raves had a 1x deathproof, he and ET were scum and they actually put a hit out on Raves? Him surviving the hit would've made him seem like "cleared town", when in reality he would've been the last scum standing.

Right?