Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

Yeah I def don’t get MVP. I barely tried until the last night, mostly just going off of one or two random posts that stuck out to me before that, not thinking too critically and just trying to be useless. 

it worked in the end but it’s more of a 6th man award instead of MVP

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ironically I'd give MVP to Tk3 despite him not even winning.

squire12 would probably be my second choice.

Dome saved the game in the end but was also AWOL before then, and kinda all over the place in terms of early reads.

I have nothing against squire, but he rode me for 50+ pages, making (what I felt were) pointless arguments and appeared to be wasting time to waste time. I didn't think that was productive town-on-town stuff at all.

Tk3 was fantastic. I should've noticed that something was off when he kept pushing for me to vote Orca and ignore Pickle at the end. Ultimately, he went for the win with Pickle, but Pickle's goals are beyond our understanding.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, I thought about this whole thing for a long time. (Like, I was woken up last night and couldn't fall back to sleep as my mind explored every possibility.)

Couldn't it have been possible that Raves had a 1x deathproof, he and ET were scum and they actually put a hit out on Raves? Him surviving the hit would've made him seem like "cleared town", when in reality he would've been the last scum standing.

Right?

They could have but i think you'll find that this type of wifom is not something most people would do.

Also, most saves/deathproof things are not revealed in the write up, we're kinda fortunate @bcb1213 gave us that knowledge. Most of the time you'd just get a "nothing happened last night" write up or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Couldn't it have been possible that Raves had a 1x deathproof, he and ET were scum and they actually put a hit out on Raves?

Possible, but a death proof scum and a pardoner/lynchproof Indy isn’t likely, that’s a lot for town to overcome  

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Yeah I def don’t get MVP. I barely tried until the last night, mostly just going off of one or two random posts that stuck out to me before that, not thinking too critically and just trying to be useless. 

it worked in the end but it’s more of a 6th man award instead of MVP

We don't win without your read at the end. Raves even voted for you, and I almost followed suit.

Regardless of what happened before that point, we lose that game if the person alive there doesn't make that read.

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think it’s best to play with both. 

Trust your gut and follow it, then back it up with reason.

Definitely. I mean nobody is ever going to follow you on a vote if you say "that's what my gut is telling me". Reason is always going to come into play. 

I mean more of leading with my gut. In a game like this, literally everyone is going to appear scummy for one way or another, whether it's a bad vote or a weird interaction. 

You see what you want to see. I need to get better at offering supporting evidence, because I feel my reads are more often than not pretty good. But at the same time, I'm never going to be one to quote a hundred posts at once. That's just not me.

Edited by swoosh

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ironically I'd give MVP to Tk3 despite him not even winning.

squire12 would probably be my second choice.

Dome saved the game in the end but was also AWOL before then, and kinda all over the place in terms of early reads.

Its Raves imo. Nontown who lost can't get MVP I've been told 👽

Just now, swoosh said:

Definitely. I mean nobody is ever going to follow you on a vote if you say "that's what my gut is telling me". Reason is always going to come into play. 

I mean more of leading with my gut. In a game like this, literally everyone is going to appear scummy for one way or another, whether it's a bad vote or a weird interaction. 

You see what you want to see. I need to get better at offering supporting evidence, because I feel my reads are more often than not are pretty good. But at the same time, I'm never going to be one to quote a hundred posts at once. That's just not me.

I felt you were so, so scummy at one point. I felt horrible when you flipped town.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, I thought about this whole thing for a long time. (Like, I was woken up last night and couldn't fall back to sleep as my mind explored every possibility.)

Couldn't it have been possible that Raves had a 1x deathproof, he and ET were scum and they actually put a hit out on Raves? Him surviving the hit would've made him seem like "cleared town", when in reality he would've been the last scum standing.

Right?

Almost 0%, but not 0% imo. Its basically will vary host to host whether you can hit your own teammate on purpose. Most will not let you. Some will. But I've only seen it like 1 time that it was allowed and used 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh. If it's between Raves and Dome, I think it's Dome. Raves even voted for Dome at the end. (And Raves mentioned that "not saving Jason because he's annoying" thing.)

True but he lynched all 3 scum i think and blocked a hit. Overall weight id say he played the best of town. Then Swoosh, but he got got early