Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

My drunk ***? Critical thinking? 

Yep. You see, on top of making myself scum tell proof (for the most part), changing my game play up so much allows me to see when people think critically about about how people play, how its different, and what it could mean. Honestly your thoughts on me earlier, while wrong was a perfect example. Its no guarantee, but makes me feel comfortable with you being a solid town read at the moment 

On 8/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, bcb1213 said:

Vote count 

Nacho --1--Matts

ET - - 1 --Bucs

No vote - - 1-, Hokie, 

Bucs--1-, TL 

Josh - - 7-nacho, Tk3, swoosh, ET, squire, Orca, Raves 

Raves - - 4-Jason, Pickle, Josh, Scoundrel 

9 to eliminate

Day ends at 8 PM east

Vast majority of posts after this are from 

Scoundrel, swoosh, Raves, Josh, squire

TL posts a few below, as did nacho

now nacho moved off josh and takes a ton of heat.  Yet the TL posts below just feels like someone wanting to save a scummate but not able to

On 8/10/2021 at 6:52 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Is there a rationale in voting out Josh over someone who hasn't been active... like... at all?

I suspected bucs initially, and he's still not posting. I don't see why he wouldn't be a better target for town.

looking for reasoning on a Josh vote, and suggests an inactive as an alternative

On 8/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't think I feel comfortable following a train around this late. I'm on bucs, and I'll happily stay on him if town wants to follow suit.

not wanting to follow a train, yet just is happy to park a vote off a main wagon

On 8/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, bcb1213 said:

Josh has been voted out. Write - up shortly followed by night 

TL

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nacho. swoosh. Tk3.

Lists the first 3 votes on Josh d1 wagon.

Someone the scum play here is to vote in unison for their teammate and let him get voted out d1......yet Nacho hopped off the plan

What a wild thing for an actual town to say. "We blindly lynched scum on the first day, then flipped away from obvious scum to lynch town on the second day. Not bad!"

This statement feels like he knows the Josh vote line was pure and calls it blindly voting scum....shortly before stating it was a bussed d1 vote

Yep. 100%. And Josh started a "push" against Nacho to separate Nacho from scum as well. They deliberately sacrificed one of their own to control the narrative moving forward.

Back to the d1 bussing of josh

I'm certain that I'm not "good" at this. I'm at peace with that. (Although I think playing less, not more, is the solution.)

Getting lucky by blindly lynching scum D1 and flipping votes to lynch town in D2, with more information and better leads, isn't anything to brag about. Those that talked a big game about you for the entirety of D2 just to flip off you in the end are obvious targets and should be high on the vote list.

But, of course, it won't happen. A town will be killed tonight and a scum group will continue to control the narrative.

And back to the blindly voting of scum on d1

Optimal? Eh, perhaps. I guess it depends.

You know who made the very first three Josh votes?

Nacho.

Tk3.

swoosh.

And...... back to Josh being bussed on d1.

Only to have his scum push Nacho fail to carry the plan through to the end.

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

now nacho moved off josh and takes a ton of heat.  Yet the TL posts below just feels like someone wanting to save a scummate but not able to

looking for reasoning on a Josh vote, and suggests an inactive as an alternative

not wanting to follow a train, yet just is happy to park a vote off a main wagon

TL

Not bad. I like the first part, but that last part is just screaming "look at me" when Josh flips scum. I highly doubt if scum he would think he could sway 5-6 people onto Bucs and draw attention to himself for no reason

He is new but wouldn't that follow more in line of how he played last game. Forming an opinion and sticking to it

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

TL

Please vote me. Please. I'll do it too. Here: TL.

You're either 1) town, and really bad at this, or 2) scum, and smart enough to know that other town are really bad at this.

And I'm not saying I'm good at this. I'm not. I haven't done it enough to fully understand the intricacies of the roles, certain subtle tells and other things. But, hey, if you're scum, and you can actually get town to think that me going after an inactive player D1 and Nacho and his shady behaviors ever since makes me suspicious... somehow... then, by all means.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Please vote me. Please. I'll do it too. Here: TL.

You're either 1) town, and really bad at this, or 2) scum, and smart enough to know that other town are really bad at this.

And I'm not saying I'm good at this. I'm not. I haven't done it enough to fully understand the intricacies of the roles, certain subtle tells and other things. But, hey, if you're scum, and you can actually get town to think that me going after an inactive player D1 and Nacho and his shady behaviors ever since makes me suspicious... somehow... then, by all means.

You're doing this play all wrong if you're town.  Trust me I used to do it all the time when I was town because I would get so obsessed/upset with this game, part of why I quit playing for so long.  You're doing this way too soon and without trying to defend yourself for awhile before doing it.

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

You're doing this play all wrong if you're town.  Trust me I used to do it all the time when I was town because I would get so obsessed/upset with this game, part of why I quit playing for so long.  You're doing this way too soon and without trying to defend yourself for awhile before doing it.

Why defend myself? I mean, honestly, it's all just so foolish. And, yeah, I had a long and somewhat miserable day at work, so that isn't helping, but I don't understand what people do in this game.

Step 1. Nacho acts suspiciously, which is observed by many.

Step 2. People vote for Nacho.

Step 3. Nacho pushes for someone else.

Step 4. Those people switch off of Nacho.

Step 5. That other person is killed. They are town.

Step 6. Those other people inexplicably just ignore Steps 1-5 and move onto the next obscure theory. (Usually driven by Nacho.)

I don't see how anyone that's actually town would do that.