Training Camp News and Stories Thread

Kirill

From OBJ to DPJ, 5 star high school recruit and disappointment at michigan is really turning things around in cleveland. He is the offensive star of the browns training camp, hauling in a long pass each day. He was looking good by the end of last year, he made some huge catches throughout the season for the browns, including a stunning game winner vs the Bengals. 

If he keeps progressing like he is he could end up becoming a genuine pro bowl reciever in the years to come. In a years time he will likely be pushing Landry and OBJ for snaps as a leading reciever, maybe even earlier.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

From OBJ to DPJ, 5 star high school recruit and disappointment at michigan is really turning things around in cleveland. He is the offensive star of the browns training camp, hauling in a long pass each day. He was looking good by the end of last year, he made some huge catches throughout the season for the browns, including a stunning game winner vs the Bengals. 

If he keeps progressing like he is he could end up becoming a genuine pro bowl reciever in the years to come. In a years time he will likely be pushing Landry and OBJ for snaps as a leading reciever, maybe even earlier.

If Peoples-Jones keeps this up and its not a mirage, I can see him making OBJ a trade piece next offseason given the cap situation. Resign Landry to a team friendly deal and let DPJ take over on a rookie contract as the big prototypical outside WR1

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

I’m interested in stories from camps around the NFL and hearing how each teams rookies are doing. In KC we look better than ever with our revamped offensive line and a strong rookie class. Rookie RG Trey Smith has been the star of the camp and between him, Lucas Niang, Creed Humphrey and veteran additions Orlando Brown Jr and Joe Thuney we are primed to have the best offensive line in the league.

What are the stories coming out of your teams camp?

rumors have the 2021 Tampa Bay Buccaneers look the NFL version of the 96 Bulls.

According to Peter King they look completely unstoppable.

Between the greatest QB of all time, a top 5 OL, the greatest WR trio of all time with a prime Antonio Brown, the best front 7 in the league and the best DC, they are primed to have the greatest team of all time.

11 hours ago, swoosh said:

In ATL we look better than ever with our new coaching staff and a strong rookie class. Rookie TE Kyle Pitts has been the star of the camp and between him, Calvin Ridley, Matt Ryan and veteran additions Mike Davis and Cordarrelle Patterson we are primed to have the best offense in the league.

lmao I overlooked your post. Well done

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

If Peoples-Jones keeps this up and its not a mirage, I can see him making OBJ a trade piece next offseason given the cap situation. Resign Landry to a team friendly deal and let DPJ take over on a rookie contract as the big prototypical outside WR1

Unless obj has a very strong year, I cant see him being worth more than a 4th. The last few years have seen some very strong receiving classes, you can get legit no.1 wr in the 2and and 3rd roundevery year. 

Obj will only have value to a team that needs bums on seats 

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Unless obj has a very strong year, I cant see him being worth more than a 4th. The last few years have seen some very strong receiving classes, you can get legit no.1 wr in the 2and and 3rd roundevery year. 

Obj will only have value to a team that needs bums on seats 

Even if he performs above average but not great I can see a WR needy team like NE or GB tossing a 2nd for him because teams will continue to blame his production on his QB or the system and not him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

20 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

KC is a contender, but indeed an injury to either Hill or Kelce puts them in a very tough spot. They are very top heavy, but don’t have much depth at QR or TE. And the RB room is not elite either. 

The TE depth is false if the hype and buzz surrounding Noah Gray is real. He’s another rookie we got getting buzz with the things they’re saying about him he’s easily the best TE2 we’ve had in Kelce’s time here. Our rookie WR Cornell Powell has people saying good things too but I agree our WR depth isn’t good I’m not big on Mecole Hardman or anyone else we got. Hill is too injury prone for my liking.

RB depth won’t matter because our OL is so stacked and we still got the RB whisperer Eric Bienemy in at OC.

Basically we just keep Tyreek Hill at 80% health and we should be heavy favorites to win that super bowl.

In BUF we look better than ever with our revamped WR group and a strong rookie class. Rookie WR Marquez Stevenson has been the star of the camp and between him, Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and veteran additions Emmanuel Sanders and Jacob Hollister we are primed to have the best receivers in the league.

• Like 1