Training Camp News and Stories Thread

Kirill

I’m interested in stories from camps around the NFL and hearing how each teams rookies are doing. In KC we look better than ever with our revamped offensive line and a strong rookie class. Rookie RG Trey Smith has been the star of the camp and between him, Lucas Niang, Creed Humphrey and veteran additions Orlando Brown Jr and Joe Thuney we are primed to have the best offensive line in the league.

What are the stories coming out of your teams camp?

In ATL we look better than ever with our new coaching staff and a strong rookie class. Rookie TE Kyle Pitts has been the star of the camp and between him, Calvin Ridley, Matt Ryan and veteran additions Mike Davis and Cordarrelle Patterson we are primed to have the best offense in the league.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

In ATL we look better than ever with our new coaching staff and a strong rookie class. Rookie TE Kyle Pitts has been the star of the camp and between him, Calvin Ridley, Matt Ryan and veteran additions Mike Davis and Cordarrelle Patterson we are primed to have the best offense in the league.

I see what you did there, and I approve.

I’ve said this in the other thread.

John Johnson has been fantastic for Cleveland. He’s been a vocal leader in the secondary. Might be another A+ signing by Berry like Jack Conklin was.

Greg Newsome looks great. Could definitely start week 1.

Donovan Peoples Jones has been the star of camp. He’s been the biggest standout by far, not just among WRs.

Edited by candyman93

I remember a training camp thread many years ago here on FF. A poster was talking about how their team was looking really good, so many players were stepping up, and they were primed for a good year after a mediocre season the year before. Another poster sarcastically commented "well, i guess they'll win the SB this season, huh?" 

It was 2009 and the poster was talking about the Saints - who in fact DID go on to win the SB that season.

Not sure why i remember that particular post. Don't even remember the posters names. Maybe it was bumped after the SB or something. But it just stuck with me 

Edited by 49ersfan

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I remember a training camp thread many years ago here on FF. A poster was talking about how their team was looking really good, so many players were stepping up, and they were primed for a good year after a mediocre season the year before. Another poster sarcastically commented "well, i guess they'll win the SB this season, huh?" 

It was 2009 and the poster was talking about the Saints - who in fact DID go on to win the SB that season.

Not sure why i remember that particular post. Don't even remember the posters names. Maybe it was bumped after the SB or something. But it just stuck with me 

Yea I know people hype up their rookies every year but I’m convinced Veach hit on our class. He got us a pro bowl guard with the 6th rd pick, a starting UDFA safety in this kid Devon Key… he’s already moved Juan Thornhill to the bench and that guy was a pro bowler as a rookie. We’re going to be that team this season. We’re going. To win the super bowl. This team is just too much 

16 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yea I know people hype up their rookies every year but I’m convinced Veach hit on our class. He got us a pro bowl guard with the 6th rd pick, a starting UDFA safety in this kid Devon Key… he’s already moved Juan Thornhill to the bench and that guy was a pro bowler as a rookie. We’re going to be that team this season. We’re going. To win the super bowl. This team is just too much 

Yeah, why even bother playing the season?

8 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Yeah, why even bother playing the season?

Injuries can still happen. Tyreek already got hurt in camp you take him out and we’re a beatable team. But with Tyreek  and the best offensive line in the league we can’t be beat.

25 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Injuries can still happen. Tyreek already got hurt in camp you take him out and we’re a beatable team. But with Tyreek  and the best offensive line in the league we can’t be beat.

KC is a contender, but indeed an injury to either Hill or Kelce puts them in a very tough spot. They are very top heavy, but don’t have much depth at QR or TE. And the RB room is not elite either.