NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If I have to see Rudy celebrating at Staples against the Lakers…. No sir. Utah is gonna stay winless as Staples against the Lakers.

I love the confidence, even in my non-biased view point, I just genuinely don't think the Lakers will be very good this season. People are sleeping on us coming into this season, we didn't make a ton of huge moves but we made a lot of sneaky good moves that made our team a lot more versatile. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Apparently with these moves Nets are thinking about the Bucks? Lol that’s cute. Bucks are a fly on an elephants tail. 

I think it would be pretty smart to make moves that put you in a position to beat the team that just knocked you out in the second round of the playoffs last year, then went on to win the title. 

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Umm, it’s the off-season? Literally every team makes moves. Players leave, are the Nets the only team not allowed to replace them?

No they're not. But I'd assume the moves you've made definitely have been made with the Bucks in mind considering they beat you in the playoffs and won the title. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No they're not. But I'd assume the moves you've made definitely have been made with the Bucks in mind considering they beat you in the playoffs and won the title. 

No. They made moves to get better. The Nets no reason at all to worry or even care about what the Bucks did or doing. They’re focused on themselves. 

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Just...why?

JaVale McGee v2.0

They just need him to eat some regular season minutes by blocking a few shots, catching the ball at the rim, and rebounding the ball.  He's gonna average like 18 MPG, and be okay.  Same with Dwight.  They just need bodies to do their job at the C position, because Anthony Davis will play there in crunch time.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm surprised you guys haven't added another 3&D wing but I'm assuming you guys have faith THT is going to take a leap. THT, Nunn, and Deng are the only non-big 3 Lakers making more then the minimum, lol. 

That's probably the last move.  They'll keep roster spot 15 open for someone who gets bought out after the deadline.

• Like 1

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

No. They made moves to get better. The Nets no reason at all to worry or even care about what the Bucks did or doing. They’re focused on themselves. 

I think every team in the league is making roster moves with the champion in mind, you have to have the personnel to beat them. I liked the Patty Mills move but I'd say the rest of the moves you made were pretty meh. Aldridge and Millsap are both washed at this point, James Johnson, Jahlil Okafor, and Sekou Doumbouya are all non-factors. Carter is a decent defensive PG, just not sure how many minutes he gets with Mills, Harden, and Irving on the roster. Thomas could be a spark plug off the bench but he's a rookie and inefficient. And with all of the big men you added/have the Sharpe pick looks meh.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

JaVale McGee v2.0

They just need him to eat some regular season minutes by blocking a few shots, catching the ball at the rim, and rebounding the ball.  He's gonna average like 18 MPG, and be okay.  Same with Dwight.  They just need bodies to do their job at the C position, because Anthony Davis will play there in crunch time.

Haven't there been reports that Marc Gasol might leave the team and play in Spain this year?