NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Adding 36 year olds Millsap/Aldridge and 33 year old Mills, Bucks have no chance son.

But we band aid champs. Don't matter to me, my boy. We got one in the rafters. We just a fly on the elephant's tail, my friend. Nevermind the Nets aren't even an elephant, they a donkey.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

But we band aid champs. Don't matter to me, my boy. We got one in the rafters. We just a fly on the elephant's tail, my friend. Nevermind the Nets aren't even an elephant, they a donkey.

Day'Ron Sharpe is going to feast, such a weird pick, dude will never play. 

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we're looking at the Lakers 9 man rotation in the playoffs I'd assume it will be Russ, LeBron, AD, Bazemore, Dwight, THT, Ariza, Nunn, and Melo. 

THT (0.6 3PM/28%), Bazemore (1.1 3PM/40%), LeBron (2.3 3PM/36%), AD (0.7 3PM/26%), Nunn (2.2 3PM/38%), Dwight (non-shooter), Russ (1.3 3PM/31%), Ariza (1.7 3PM/35%), Melo (1.9 3PM/40%). 

Nunn, Russ, and THT were all significantly worse shooting the 3 ball in the playoffs though.

But why are using a significantly smaller sample size to justify your argument?  It'd be like me saying you can't count on Mike Conley to be healthy because he was injured in the postseason.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think every team in the league is making roster moves with the champion in mind, you have to have the personnel to beat them. I liked the Patty Mills move but I'd say the rest of the moves you made were pretty meh. Aldridge and Millsap are both washed at this point, James Johnson, Jahlil Okafor, and Sekou Doumbouya are all non-factors. Carter is a decent defensive PG, just not sure how many minutes he gets with Mills, Harden, and Irving on the roster. Thomas could be a spark plug off the bench but he's a rookie and inefficient. And with all of the big men you added/have the Sharpe pick looks meh.

Aldridge ain’t washed and definitely not as a guy who won’t be the first/second option  but whatever with that. 

The Nets priority is to do the best they can to make sure the players are physically healthy. Given the randomness of injuries, that’s not really in their full control. Hopefully stay healthy and the rest will take care of itself. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But why are using a significantly smaller sample size to justify your argument?  It'd be like me saying you can't count on Mike Conley to be healthy because he was injured in the postseason.

It’s funny man. Like the season hasn’t started, yet people already know who’s gonna get injured and who won’t suddenly. And to make it worse they don’t look at their own team in that same respect. 

I hope nobody takes anything seriously lol. I'm just going to be like this all year because of the **** I've put up with on this site for years (not from any of you guys that currently post). I told y'all that if we won it, I was going to be insufferable. I'm only holding up my end of that claim.

Nba Playoffs Dancing GIF by NBA

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hope nobody takes anything seriously lol. I'm just going to be like this all year because of the **** I've put up with on this site for years (not from any of you guys that currently post). I told y'all that if we won it, I was going to be insufferable. I'm only holding up my end of that claim.

Nba Playoffs Dancing GIF by NBA

As you deserve.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Of course anyone can get injured, I think having a younger team as opposed to the oldest team in the history of the sport makes us less likely to deal with injuries though.

16 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Aldridge ain’t washed and definitely not as a guy who won’t be the first/second option  but whatever with that. 

Aldridge is 36 years old and coming off of the worst season of his career in a year he had to stop playing due to medical issues. 

16 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s funny man. Like the season hasn’t started, yet people already know who’s gonna get injured and who won’t suddenly. And to make it worse they don’t look at their own team in that same respect. 

The Nets big 3 played 13 games together last season, I think there's some validity to doubting their ability to stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Of course anyone can get injured, I think having a younger team as opposed to the oldest team in the history of the sport makes us less likely to deal with injuries though.

And that's fair.  But you've got to use your argument across the board.