NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

Otto Porter really knock down. Just need him to stay healthy and he will get the most open looks he has ever gotten from the 3 point line. Even gotten the attention of the defense tonight and got Curry some open looks. 

Jordan Poole gonna go crazy this season 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Otto Porter really knock down. Just need him to stay healthy and he will get the most open looks he has ever gotten from the 3 point line. Even gotten the attention of the defense tonight and got Curry some open looks. 

Jordan Poole gonna go crazy this season 

Porter was a sneaky good pick up for the Warriors. He didn't live up to that huge contract but he can play. If he's able to stay healthy he'll be a key piece for you guys, especially when you want to go small with Draymond at the 5. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'll correct myself, Irving himself hasn't publicly ranted about it. He has just used his camp to communicate how much he disapproves of the vaccine. You don't think it's a distraction? It's national news.

Nah. Not really. Not gonna be on players mind when the game starts or in practice. And this is me speaking generally. What people perceive to be distractions aren’t distractions in reality. 

24 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah. Not really. Not gonna be on players mind when the game starts or in practice. And this is me speaking generally. What people perceive to be distractions aren’t distractions in reality. 

It won't distract during the games, but it will during every pre and post game press conference and every practice. Plus constantly plugging and pulling him from the lineup is challenging.

It's like a big name player with free agency coming up. It is constantly asked and brought up. Was Durant's upcoming free agency a distraction for the Warriors? Yeah. Not a huge one because they still would have won the title of they were healthy, but that season was not the same as the previous 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

James Ennis time?

Expand  

Preseason basketball is so useless. 

Except it wasn’t cause of preseason basketball.

He came into this training camp with the injury. Was gonna need to be done regardless.

Good chance we don’t have him back till around Christmas time on the long end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It won't distract during the games, but it will during every pre and post game press conference and every practice. Plus constantly plugging and pulling him from the lineup is challenging.

It's like a big name player with free agency coming up. It is constantly asked and brought up. Was Durant's upcoming free agency a distraction for the Warriors? Yeah. Not a huge one because they still would have won the title of they were healthy, but that season was not the same as the previous 2.

And Kyrie is a free agent after this season, lol.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

When they look over and it's Bruce Brown starting while Kyrie is at home, I'm sure the players won't even know the difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Bro, the whole post and pre game press conference is what you just described. These coaches and players don’t wanna be there. They’re there because they’re obligated. What they ask makes no difference. 

If you wanna talk about the constant plugging and changing then I understand. Could be a bit problematic in theory but last season showed that we can adjust.