NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

These players saying it's a personal or private matter...it's absolutely not. You're a public figure and this completely changes the entire season for players like Irving and Wiggins. Irving would miss more than half the regular season and 40% of the playoffs if he remains unvaccinated. That's not a private matter.

Wiggins especially trying to say it's not anyone's business and who are they (the reporters) to ask him about it? Uuhhhhhh...it's their job to ask these questions and report on it. Your availability is a big story for local reporters especially. You clown.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm surprised there weren't any injury clauses in there. Good for MPJ.

Small market teams ponying up. Love to see it!

Apparently the 5th year is "partially guaranteed" (to what level, I have not looked into yet) and there was no player option. So that's pretty big for the Nuggets and why I would guess there was a bit of a delay on getting it done.

But, yes, I always had some faith in the ownership to shell out for this core despite their reputation and it is still pretty excited as a fan / surreal to see it actually happen lol

We got: 

3 max contracts. Aaron Gordon at 20 per. Barton at 16 per. Morris/JaMyke at close to 10M. This is one of the most expensive teams in the league, almost completely homegrown. And still some nice young talent on the roster outside of the core. Still going to be tough to win a chip, but they are going for it. Love it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

These players saying it's a personal or private matter...it's absolutely not. You're a public figure and this completely changes the entire season for players like Irving and Wiggins. Irving would miss more than half the regular season and 40% of the playoffs if he remains unvaccinated. That's not a private matter.

Wiggins especially trying to say it's not anyone's business and who are they (the reporters) to ask him about it? Uuhhhhhh...it's their job to ask these questions and report on it. Your availability is a big story for local reporters especially. You clown.

What happened to my HIPPA rights doe!!!!!!

So dumb some of the things said my the players. It's hilarious how damn near every single doctor has been vaccinated already but the players are opposed to the vaccination shots yet they will take whatever medicine a doctor prescribes to them. How does that make any sense? The doctor prescribing you medicines and giving you consultation took the vaccine shots but you apparently know more than them?? All of a sudden doctors and medical experts opinions do not matter to you??

Wiggins for Simmons, make it happen Bob! 

39 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

AG at 20M a year is baffling.

Average price for a starter and he is going to be a key starter for the Nuggets. But his skillset is certainly a tough fit for most teams in the league. With the cap going up too. Easy call 

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Average price for a starter and he is going to be a key starter for the Nuggets. But his skillset is certainly a tough fit for most teams in the league. With the cap going up too. Easy call 

Also gives the Nuggets a trade chip to match salaries if they want to pursue another star player. Gordon/MPJ/Morris can essentially match the salary of any player you'd want to acquire. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also gives the Nuggets a trade chip to match salaries if they want to pursue another star player. Gordon/MPJ/Morris can essentially match the salary of any player you'd want to acquire. 

Right. As of now they kinda have a 2 year window with Murray/Barton/Gordon/MPJ/Jokic and then if it doesn’t get you over the hump you can shuffle the deck with how the salaries are set up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Right. As of now they kinda have a 2 year window with Murray/Barton/Gordon/MPJ/Jokic and then if it doesn’t get you over the hump you can shuffle the deck with how the salaries are set up 

I expect MPJ to be the MIP this season with Murray likely out for most of, if not all of, this upcoming NBA season. Dude's going to average 25+ ppg.

18 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Everyone has such high expectations for the Warriors this year, I just personally don't see it. I'd assume that Wiggins public refusal to get vaxed is at least partly due to him being unhappy with the team after they've dangled him and their other young players as trade bait all off-season. I'm sure they're going to have excellent chemistry this year, especially without Klay for the first half of the season. Nothing makes young guys like Wiseman, Wiggins, Moody, and Kuminga more amped to be Curry's primary supporting cast then the Warriors big 3 publicly saying they wanted the team to trade all of them for a player that can help them win now.