NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are you guys going to keep him in a 6th man role? If so I actually really like the move. Schroder is like Jordan Clarkson, excellent option off the bench where he can come in with the backups and have the ball in his hands but not a great starter because you don't want him taking shots away from your best players. IIRC he averaged like 20 ppg off the bench in OKC on good efficiency. 

It's also funny that Schroder on basically a minimum deal could realistically have a better/more impactful season then Kyrie or Kemba.

I have no idea to be honest. Ime is an unknown. The first preseason lineup was... well strange so its hard to read anything from that. It's also tough because Smart is EXCELLENT in the 6th man role. Really it comes down to what you want more, defense and leadership or scoring off the bench. Might be a matchup thing

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I have no idea to be honest. Ime is an unknown. The first preseason lineup was... well strange so its hard to read anything from that. It's also tough because Smart is EXCELLENT in the 6th man role. Really it comes down to what you want more, defense and leadership or scoring off the bench. Might be a matchup thing

If I were you guys I'd probably start: 

Smart - Brown - Richardson - Tatum - Time Lord 

w/ Schroder - Nesmith - Pritchard - Horford

As the primary rotational players. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I were you guys I'd probably start: 

Smart - Brown - Richardson - Tatum - Time Lord 

w/ Schroder - Nesmith - Pritchard - Horford

As the primary rotational players. 

I might be in the minority here, but Richardson strikes me as such a jag. Rather have Horford's dusty self in the starting lineup. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I might be in the minority here, but Richardson strikes me as such a jag. Rather have Horford's dusty self in the starting lineup. 

He has been a positive defensive player basically his entire career, is a decent passer (3 assist/1.5 TO), and is a career 36% 3P shooter with almost 2 makes per game. His defense slipped last year in Dallas but in Miami he was one of the best wing defenders in the league.

The biggest positive of going with a Smart - Richardson - Brown - Tatum lineup is that you can basically switch everything defensively. And Smart/Richardson are both decent enough shooters you have to respect them .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

What public rants are you referring too?

This...

After the NBA unveiled COVID-19 protocols last month requiring unvaccinated players to wear a face mask in some settings, Irving tweeted, “My mask is off. Now take yours off. No fear.” He later tweeted that the cryptic message was a metaphor and did not have anything to do with the league’s COVID-19 rules. 

Irving drew the most attention after he liked an Instagram post from a user who baselessly claimed that the COVID-19 vaccine implants microchips as a part of “a plan of Satan.” The conspiracy theory quickly spread to other locker rooms in the league, according to a report from Rolling Stone. 

41 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Again, rants? 

I'll correct myself, Irving himself hasn't publicly ranted about it. He has just used his camp to communicate how much he disapproves of the vaccine. You don't think it's a distraction? It's national news.