Preseason Thread

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Then he throws a pick... welp

Shaheen could have worked back towards the ball to high point it and compete a bit harder for the catch, but yeah, not the best choice. Had some nice drives overall. 

The run game from the 1st team offense was concerning. We very much lacked a push up front. I know we were missing a starter in Eichenberg, but obviously one guy isn't going to make that kind of impact. 

Tua looked good regardless of the int.  he showed zip and touch. He took a hit, and fit the ball in windows. That’s the kinda growth we were looking for. Just need it to continue.

Igbo looked panicky every target. Didn’t look like a natural DB on that jump ball he lost. Was ugly lol. 

OL gonna be a problem. Again. 

what’s the record for kick/punt return TDs in year by a single team? It wouldn’t shock me if we beat it. perry/waddle/grant all looked good retuning kicks. 

Mobile QBs gonna be a problem. Again. 

Glad footballs back.

12 hours ago, joeyL. said:

Tua looked good regardless of the int.  he showed zip and touch. He took a hit, and fit the ball in windows. That’s the kinda growth we were looking for. Just need it to continue.

Igbo looked panicky every target. Didn’t look like a natural DB on that jump ball he lost. Was ugly lol. 

OL gonna be a problem. Again. 

what’s the record for kick/punt return TDs in year by a single team? It wouldn’t shock me if we beat it. perry/waddle/grant all looked good retuning kicks. 

Mobile QBs gonna be a problem. Again. 

Glad footballs back.

I don't want Waddle doing punt returns, or kick off returns either.  You don't draft someone 6th overall to be used on special teams.  Let Grant handle that, he does it well enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadeye said:

I don't want Waddle doing punt returns, or kick off returns either.  You don't draft someone 6th overall to be used on special teams.  Let Grant handle that, he does it well enough.

If he’s on the roster. WR room is full. 

that’s gonna be an interesting cut day for sure.

Oline looked fine in pass protection to me yesterday.  Tua had at least a reasonable amount of time when he was in there, and other than the INT, he looked great with the time given.  But man were they ever bad in the run game.  I can't wait to see this passing game once the starting WRs are actually out there and they open the playbook up.  

Tough to guage the D, given the offensive woes of the Bears, but they looked good.  Fields looked like dog crap against our starting D.  

On 8/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, FinSting said:

Except for Jackson, which is a concern? Thought his year two would be a nice jump but he had a bad game. 

Yeah, it wasn't great.  Kindley played pretty well though, considering he had been demoted as far as the 3rd string in TC practices.  

On 8/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, FinSting said:

Except for Jackson, which is a concern? Thought his year two would be a nice jump but he had a bad game. 

I don't put a lot of stock in preseason. It is concerning but it is early. Hopefully it is a wake up call for him. 

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, it wasn't great.  Kindley played pretty well though, considering he had been demoted as far as the 3rd string in TC practices.  

Kindley appeared to pick up right where he left off last year IMO...... Not great, but not horrible considering what he had playing next to him at OT.  I am starting to feel like Kindley's demotion has had more to do with Eichenberg being a Rookie and not being ready to take over at the RT position for a Left Handed QB.  I feel like the coaching staff's idea is for Eich to get his feet wet at LG this season and move to RT next season.

I am absolutely horrified by the poor performance of Austin Jackson against the bears DLine.  He was terrible in the run game and just as terrible in the pass game.  I'm pulling for him to pick it up next game and show why he was a 1st round pick.  He was physically dominated on multiple plays.  Right now I'm hoping last weekend was just a fluke and this weekend we will see a guy that is much more aggressive in the run game and more technically sound in the pass game.

I really like what Ahmed and Gaskins bring to field as change of pace RB's with good hands and twitchy cuts, but we really need a RB that can be a workhorse and has a nice jump cut.  Our starting OLine wasn't great overall but Malcom Brown left plenty of yards on the field last weekend.