Bears sign long time Eagle Jason Peters

Pool

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I hope they at least did a physical before they signed him.  If they did and he is in shape it was a decent signing, but no way can this guy play 17 games.  

I feel like they are going to just hope to get 1/4 of the season out of him. Maybe that is enough time to let Jenkins heal back to 100%.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I hope they at least did a physical before they signed him.  If they did and he is in shape it was a decent signing, but no way can this guy play 17 games.  

Yup, we're really squeezing the last drops of juice out of the lemon with Peters.  Even he admits the tank is getting pretty empty.

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like they are going to just hope to get 1/4 of the season out of him. Maybe that is enough time to let Jenkins heal back to 100%.

Hopefully at least the first 4-5 games because I really don't think we're gonna see Jenkins before October if then.

They called it a sprain which is ligament damage and from the sound of it two weeks of rest isn't getting him back to being able to even practice.

Unless he has a herniated disk or something someone is giving Jenkins bad advice.

You always have to think like other people.  If you are in a job that is part of a slow down or down tick in business that isn’t the time to be calling in sick or taking a vacation.

You can miss time, but with Ifedi and other tackles missing at same time you have to know you might get replaced.   You don’t have the job yet.

You have to think crap my back hurts, but I better take a cortisone or something and get in there before they sign some veteran to take my job.

Oops.  Too late.   Maybe.

• Like 1

If the kid has torn ligaments in his back a cortisone shot isn't gonna heal that.  If it's not a sprain and it's a herniated disk he may be out for several months.  I went through something similar with my cervical vertebrae about 20 years ago and it took about 3 months of constant treatment and cortisone shots for me to even be able to do my job which isn't playing OT for anyone.  Look for Jenkins to be put on the IR soon.  JMHO

Edited by soulman

33 minutes ago, soulman said:

If the kid has torn ligaments in his back a cortisone shot isn't gonna heal that.  If it's not a sprain and it's a herniated disk he may be out for several months.  I went through something similar with my cervical vertebrae about 20 years ago and it took about 3 months of constant treatment and cortisone shots for me to even be able to do my job which isn't playing OT for anyone.  Look for Jenkins to be put on the IR soon.  JMHO

I believe the staff has stated that the back injury isn't that serious, and if it were the regular season, Jenkins would be playing. 

Now...whether that's the truth, or not...who knows? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Unless he has a herniated disk or something someone is giving Jenkins bad advice.

You always have to think like other people.  If you are in a job that is part of a slow down or down tick in business that isn’t the time to be calling in sick or taking a vacation.

You can miss time, but with Ifedi and other tackles missing at same time you have to know you might get replaced.   You don’t have the job yet.

You have to think crap my back hurts, but I better take a cortisone or something and get in there before they sign some veteran to take my job.

Oops.  Too late.   Maybe.

He has been replaced.

You simply cannot wait weeks and week for a guy to get off the exercise bike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I believe the staff has stated that the back injury isn't that serious, and if it were the regular season, Jenkins would be playing. 

It isn’t. This practice time is valuable. They have no idea how long this is going to be.

They have moved on to Borom and Peters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's not.  Any "back tightness" that hasn't disappeared in over two weeks is more than that.  What I've read is they're calling it a back sprain which can be as severe as torn ligaments in his back just as a severe ankle sprain would also mean torn ligaments in that region.

I suspect that he re-injured a college injury.

As for saying if it was the regular season he'd be playing I'm gonna rate that 4 Pinocchios.  If he can't even practice without pads how in the hell is gonna play in a game?  Fentanyl?  Riding the bike isn't doing anything more than keeping his leg muscles limber. He's hurting.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He has been replaced.

You simply cannot wait weeks and week for a guy to get off the exercise bike.

That was my point.  He should have seen that coming.  He can battle back, but he had the pole position.  He was handed the job on draft day.  

If you are really hurt there is nothing you can do.  But if you were nursing something you could play with that wasn’t the time to do it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i did not put this gif in here. the site must have done it based on my text? also, that's no the gif i was referring to.

I DID IT!! ME!!! THIS IS THE POWER I WIELD!!!

giggly-villain.gif

I completely forgot about it too. Was going to ask if it was right but I think I got distracted? Been over 12 hours so memory isn't the best.

• Like 3