Bears sign long time Eagle Jason Peters

Pool

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That was my point.  He should have seen that coming.  He can battle back, but he had the pole position.  He was handed the job on draft day.  

If you are really hurt there is nothing you can do.  But if you were nursing something you could play with that wasn’t the time to do it.

I'd bet a buck he's not nursing it and I'd bet two bucks he's in much worse shape than they've indicated. 

It's not all that common for a team as tight against the cap as we are to bring in a 38 year old OT "to compete" for a starting role.  I'm calling BS on that too.  All it took as a single preseason game to realize that Elijah Wilkinson is no LT just as I said.  Jason Peters will be the starting LT when the season begins.

32 minutes ago, soulman said:

I'd bet a buck he's not nursing it and I'd bet two bucks he's in much worse shape than they've indicated. 

It's not all that common for a team as tight against the cap as we are to bring in a 38 year old OT "to compete" for a starting role.  I'm calling BS on that too.  All it took as a single preseason game to realize that Elijah Wilkinson is no LT just as I said.  Jason Peters will be the starting LT when the season begins.

With you a hundred percent. The team went from saying they were being cautious to saying nothing at all.  The player went from doing strenuous exercise to doing nothing at all.  I would guess that the talks were underway before the game (although that would be crazy if Pace watched like 5 snaps, yelling "**** **** ****" and then signed the first guy he could find).  I think we'll be lucky to see Jenkins play this year. Glad we didn't take him at 20 like I wanted to!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soulman said:

At this point I'd say it's 50/50.  If he needs surgery faggedaboutit.

Based on what we've been told, he probably doesn't. 

But we all know how honest and forthcoming the Halas Hall folks have been in recent years. 

We'll see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Based on what we've been told, he probably doesn't. 

But we all know how honest and forthcoming the Halas Hall folks have been in recent years. 

We'll see. 

Nagy said today there was no change in what he can do.

This is after weeks of rest and rehab.

There is really only one option left… surgery.

• Like 1

Nagy will duck, dodge, and avoid giving an accurate answer for as long as he can.  That's his nature.  I fully expect to see Jenkins on IR at some point in time.  Pace is probably hoping Fields will make enough noise to distract from whatever is going on with Jenkins and that we knew it when he drafted him.

Edited by soulman

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy said today there was no change in what he can do.

This is after weeks of rest and rehab.

There is really only one option left… surgery.

You might be right.  But it takes a full month of rest to recover from that injury according to various websites.  

I don’t think it has been a month from when he stopped participating.  

Of course that relies on Bears telling truth about diagnosis which is dubious.  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, Sugashane said:

I DID IT!! ME!!! THIS IS THE POWER I WIELD!!!

giggly-villain.gif

I completely forgot about it too. Was going to ask if it was right but I think I got distracted? Been over 12 hours so memory isn't the best.

figured that was the case, but didn't want to call you out and be wrong

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You might be right.  But it takes a full month of rest to recover from that injury according to various websites.  

I don’t think it has been a month from when he stopped participating.  

Of course that relies on Bears telling truth about diagnosis which is dubious.  

This is the 2nd time he has hurt his back in 8 months. How many months off is he going to need every season?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I guess? There has been nothing to suggest surgery is necessary, though. 😕

So far no.  Not if it's just a sprain.

Sooner or later Jenkins is either gonna begin practicing or he's not and Nagy will have to fess up as to what's really going on with him.  At the moment he's not on the PUP like Ifedi so they're still selling the story that it's only a sore back and he'll be able to practice soon.  I have my doubts.

Maybe it's time to look into whatever offseason conditioning has been going on the intent of which was to create a bigger stronger OL.  Could some of these injuries have come about because of too much lifting to build muscle bulk?

Edited by soulman