2021 Preseason Around the NFL

Sugashane

On 8/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, Sugashane said:

Stupid Tavon Austin robbed Tebow! lmao

Say what you want but Tebow has a hell of a first step. On the last hail mary he was head and head with Tavon Ausitn over 15 yards. Dude still can move.

The video of Tebow “blocking” that made its way around Twitter has made me legit lol several times. 

39 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The video of Tebow “blocking” that made its way around Twitter has made me legit lol several times. 

You can tell he thought the defender was going to come in and braced... then kinda fell to him. The best part was him trying to pop up and bumping his shoulder into his own OL. 

Seemed like a 2020 Bears TE blocking honestly. Lol

In all fairness he didn't shy away from contact as much as he just misjudged the angle. You see it a lot as converted TEs learn. Horsted actually looked like he was doing well the few times I noticed him. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

You can tell he thought the defender was going to come in and braced... then kinda fell to him. The best part was him trying to pop up and bumping his shoulder into his own OL. 

Seemed like a 2020 Bears TE blocking honestly. Lol

In all fairness he didn't shy away from contact as much as he just misjudged the angle. You see it a lot as converted TEs learn. Horsted actually looked like he was doing well the few times I noticed him. 

Lol yeah it just looked awkward, but it made me laugh. It was like the football equivalent of one of those weird moments where one person goes in for a hug while the other is expecting a handshake.

I didn’t watch Horsted much this past week. Since James’ emergence I don’t really see him having a shot to make the roster. 

• Like 1

Amongst rookies I thought Mac Jones looked good.  Though he was getting hated on by Cowherd I saw on youtube.  He says Mac is low ceiling.  I thought that too at first when I had not watched him much.  I don’t agree with it anymore.   I think that is lazy analysis.  I also think Jones athleticism is underrated due to his body looks and lets be honest his skin color.  

I think Trey Lance had best single throw of pre-season.  Clearly a good athlete.  Not sure what I think about Lance at moment.  I think he is more raw than people think.  By all accounts he is smart and a hard worker.   He is on best team of any of rookies.  

Fields we have talked about.  He is faster than I thought he was and I thought he was fast.  I think he does have an elongated throwing motion at times (not always which is weird), but I think for his style of play that is way overblown.  As long as ball gets where it is going and he isn’t getting stripped all time.

Wilson excites with his quick release and throwing motion.  If he figures game out that will help him a great deal, like a cheat code.  He seems smaller in a uniform than I thought he was though. 

I think Lawerence is playing for a bad team and will struggle in season and probably end up hurt like Burrows did.   Situation matters.  

• Like 1

Someone put up some grades based on their personal opinions and it went as follows;

A-: Fields and Wilson

B:  Lance and Jones

B-: Lawrence

The only highlights other the Field's that I watched were Lance's.  He looked pretty smooth and he definitely has a cannon for an arm.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, beardown3231 said:
On 8/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, Ty21 said:

I’m genuinely gonna be bummed if Trubisky doesn’t ball out against us this week 

If he does: "see? The guy was given up on too early. 3.5 years wasn't nearly enough time for him! Nagy sucks!"

If he doesn't: "it's preseason. He is still a good QB."

Should be a fun game for Trubisky with the fans.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, Ty21 said:

I’m genuinely gonna be bummed if Trubisky doesn’t ball out against us this week 

Our only way to KNOW we will beat him is to go get Tebow. 

On 8/17/2021 at 7:32 PM, beardown3231 said:

If he does: "see? The guy was given up on too early. 3.5 years wasn't nearly enough time for him! Nagy sucks!"

If he doesn't: "it's preseason. He is still a good QB

You're 100% right. It's almost embarrassing. Lol

• Like 1

I remain optimistic for his sake that Mitch could be a decent starter, really sounds like he's in a good place for that in Buffalo with what they were able to accomplish with Allen and his natural talent.  That said I don't think he's had enough time there, even if it happens someday. That said, I also have the unhealthy desire to watch Akiem Hicks pay him back for all the three and outs by sacking him until he pop out of Northerly island. 

• Like 1