Preseason Week 2 GDT: Titans (1-0) at Bucs (0-1)

Titans fan 617

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep Farley is a raw player. He came into VT as an athlete. Played the 1 year as a CB and was arguably the best in the country. Then opted out last season. Not to mention the back injuries this past offseason. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s CB4 for a while(although I’m not as high on Fulton).

I’m not as high in Fulton on the outside 

I think he can be very successful in the slot 

The issue is i really don’t trust Borders or Jackson on the outside either 

Just gotta pray Farley gets better in time and hopefully he’s not a complete liability out there 

47 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Man, if Molden can develop into our own version of Budda Baker or Tyrann Mathieu….

Don't get me excited. Don't do it. I Effing love Budda Baker. Guys like that are my favorite type of players in football. Please let our defense turn it around. Nothing gets me more fired up on Sundays like good d. 

This WR battle is crazy

Had someone in here get on me for suggesting Johnson makes the team 

Some guy on Twitter who’s a Kinsey fan like me is mad at me for giving my opinion that Johnson makes it over Kinsey

Im just reading reports, I havnt seen a single highlight of Johnson 

All I have is to go off of reports like Wyatt and anyone else that covers the team 

Also Vrabel has protected a bunch of guys including him so unless he’s injured he’s making the team 

Cut day isn’t going to be fun 

Atleast for the WR position 

I like Batson too but there’s just no way there’s room

I would argue though that Kinsey or Batson should make the team incase Rodgers went down 

Evans is hard to count on since he’s always hurt 

So so if Rodgers went down I don’t know who would help in the return game other than Evans 

Maybe McNichols

But I want nothing to do with guys like Brown Jones Farley or any other crazy idea that we would have to see in a pinch 

Edited by Titans fan 617

Cut days are gonna be interesting. The RB position is gonna be hard to decide that third spot behind Henry and Evans with Sargent playing this well. WR seems to be about 6 guys who are all deserving fighting for about 3 open spots. 3rd TE spot still wide open. And kicker, Ficken kicking very well but so was McCann before he got injured so that will be interesting. And I saw an article that mentioned Atlanta might be after Woodside if he's released so do we try and carry 3 QBs or just hope for the best on getting one on the practice squad. We're in for a fun few weeks before the season even starts. And after tonight I wouldn't be surprised if we see an addition at right tackle if Lamm isn't ready to go. 

Good game on both sides of the ball by our 2nd-3rd stringers.

Barkley had a 130+ qbr rating 

Molden showing up. 

Sargent making his case.

Radunz looked like a dog chasing after cars. To the point I'm really worried about RT.

Our D was getting pressure on the QB pretty much the entire game. That would be great if that translated to the actual season. 

Our D won the tip ball drill.

I wonder who is going to play next week? I'm ready for the 1st string to take the field.

Clapping Applause GIF

All things considered, that was probably as good a preseason game outcome as we could’ve had.

-Farley and Molden seeing their first action; Molden showing how special he potentially could be

-WRs continue to shine and show we’re going to have tough decisions to make come cut day

-Legit backup QB competition with Woodside and Barkley, as Barkley continues to impress

-Mekhi Sergent making a legit case for a roster spot

-Defense looks great once again albeit against 2nd and 3rd stringers 

-Sam Ficken separating himself in the kicking competition 

-NO MAJOR INJURIES!!!!

The only downside was Radunz and our backup OL, who were clearly outmatched by Tampa’s DL. Other than that, a very successful preseason game and overall week for us.

Also want to point out real quick that while Radunz was embarrassingly  outclassed and overmatched by Tryon in the 1st half, I thought he was much better in the 2nd half.

He’s still not ready for that starting spot but all isn’t lost with him. It may have simply been a bad matchup for him. Joe Tryon looks like he may be big time.

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

he is significantly better running the ball than mcnichols or hill, but as a rookie i'm not sure what his pass blocking skills are like. would be a shame to lose him though, he's clearly a talented runner

I follow no flags on Twitter he mentioned he pass blocks well for a rookie