Around the League 2022

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

40-50m?   Nah... Your value is 15-25m at best.... Want to come here for 22m? lol

Hey man if my jersey sells top 50 like Zach Wilson's did (43rd) as only a Rookie and I get to keep two-thirds of that revenue $$$ created? I'll double down and leave town for NYC @ only $7.5/$11M.

😆

This fan base is staved an awesome TE. I tell you what. Dalton Schultz comes to NY? He'll laugh in the face of "state taxes" because his jersey # would fly off the shelves. 

5 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Hey man if my jersey sells top 50 like Zach Wilson's did (43rd) as only a Rookie and I get to keep two-thirds of that revenue $$$ created? I'll double down and leave town for NYC @ only $7.5/$11M.

😆

This fan base is staved an awesome TE. I tell you what. Dalton Schultz comes to NY? He'll laugh in the face of "state taxes" because his jersey # would fly off the shelves. 

Yes there's always the ability to brand yourself. But Schultz would have to take a leap into an elite category to be big time sellable. TEs only like the big names such as Kelce and Kittle can be big brands. And Schultz is not in the category. There wont be billboards and such all over the place until he gets to that level. NYJ just bc its location will remain profitable. But lets be real, DAL is #1 when it comes to NFL sales. So to think he's moving from DAL to NYJ and will become more profitable, just isn't happening. Unless his plays reaches new heights. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes there's always the ability to brand yourself. But Schultz would have to take a leap into an elite category to be big time sellable. TEs only like the big names such as Kelce and Kittle can be big brands. And Schultz is not in the category. There wont be billboards and such all over the place until he gets to that level. NYJ just bc its location will remain profitable. But lets be real, DAL is #1 when it comes to NFL sales. So to think he's moving from DAL to NYJ and will become more profitable, just isn't happening. Unless his plays reaches new heights. 

He's just only scratching the surface and at only 25 years old he not only ranked as a top 3-4 NFL TE last year statistically speaking but he also had a better year than George Kittle last year and how Kittle made the Pro Bowl and Dalton Schultz didn't was absolutely criminal. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's just only scratching the surface and at only 25 years old he not only ranked as a top 3-4 NFL TE last year statistically speaking but he also had a better year than George Kittle last year and how Kittle made the Pro Bowl and Dalton Schultz didn't was absolutely criminal. 

Here's a list of some of the top TEs including how many games they missed

Mark Andrews: 107rec 1361yds 9TDs

Travis Kelce: 92rec 1125yds 10TDs (missed 1 game)

George Kittle: 71rec 910yds 6TDs (missed 3 games)

Rob Gronkowski: 56rec 802yds 6TDs (missed 5 games)

Dalton Schultz: 78rec 808yds 8TDs

Dallas Goedert: 55rec 830yds 4TDs (missed 2 games)

Dawson Knox: 50rec 590yds 9TDs (missed 2 games)

Darren Waller 55rec 665yds 2 TDs (missed 6 games)

Zach Ertz: 74rec 763yds 5TDs

Kyle Pitts: 68rec 1026yds 1TD

Mike Gesicki: 73rec 780yds 2TDs

Noah Fant: 68rec 670yds 4TDs (missed 1 game)

TJ Hockenson: 61rec 583yds 4TDs

Hunter Henry 50rec 603yds 9TDs

So I think it's safe to say that Andrews, Kelce, Kittle, Gronkowski are all for sure better than Schultz.

Now I know based on your posts in your short time on here you like stats. So you have to think about things. Schultz got targeted a ton and that's why his stats are high. Take guys like Knox, Waller, Henry, Goedert... they did A LOT more given their situations than Schultz did. You give them the targets Schultz got and their stats are WAY better than that of Schultz. Have to assume Pitts also becomes more of a end zone threat going forward, so he I'd rank higher as well. So for me that puts Schultz around the 10th best TE in the NFL and he's going to want Andrews money (14mill/annually), I think he gets more like Henry money (12.5mill/annually). Which isn't vastly overpaying for his skill set.

But he is not a top 3-4 TE like you think he is. He doesn't even belong in the same sentences as guys like Andrews, Kelce and Kittle.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Here's a list of some of the top TEs including how many games they missed

Mark Andrews: 107rec 1361yds 9TDs

Travis Kelce: 92rec 1125yds 10TDs (missed 1 game)

George Kittle: 71rec 910yds 6TDs (missed 3 games)

Rob Gronkowski: 56rec 802yds 6TDs (missed 5 games)

Dalton Schultz: 78rec 808yds 8TDs

Dallas Goedert: 55rec 830yds 4TDs (missed 2 games)

Dawson Knox: 50rec 590yds 9TDs (missed 2 games)

Darren Waller 55rec 665yds 2 TDs (missed 6 games)

Zach Ertz: 74rec 763yds 5TDs

Kyle Pitts: 68rec 1026yds 1TD

Mike Gesicki: 73rec 780yds 2TDs

Noah Fant: 68rec 670yds 4TDs (missed 1 game)

TJ Hockenson: 61rec 583yds 4TDs

Hunter Henry 50rec 603yds 9TDs

So I think it's safe to say that Andrews, Kelce, Kittle, Gronkowski are all for sure better than Schultz.

Now I know based on your posts in your short time on here you like stats. So you have to think about things. Schultz got targeted a ton and that's why his stats are high. Take guys like Knox, Waller, Henry, Goedert... they did A LOT more given their situations than Schultz did. You give them the targets Schultz got and their stats are WAY better than that of Schultz. Have to assume Pitts also becomes more of a end zone threat going forward, so he I'd rank higher as well. So for me that puts Schultz around the 10th best TE in the NFL and he's going to want Andrews money (14mill/annually), I think he gets more like Henry money (12.5mill/annually). Which isn't vastly overpaying for his skill set.

But he is not a top 3-4 TE like you think he is. He doesn't even belong in the same sentences as guys like Andrews, Kelce and Kittle.

Douglas will sign Maxx Williams and draft Tre McBride. Total of 4M on the TE position.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Apparently Robby wants to come back. I’d cool with a reunion feel like his skill set would mesh well with Zach’s

Omg wow where did you hear this from?!?

Robby Anderson is one of my top 5 homegrown Jet WRs of All-Time.

Keyshawn Johnson. 

Wayne Chrebet.

Laveranues Coles.

Santana Moss. 

Robby Anderson.

(Elijah Moore will soon one day rank alongside of these guys). 

• @ only 28 years of age and Zach Wilson's cannon for an arm along Robby Anderson's blazing speed? It's a match made in heaven for our Offensive attack. 

Sam Darnold brought his numbers down during year #2 in Carolina but throughout the previous two years Robby Anderson has combined for and recorded...

33 games.

246 targets.

148 receptions.

60.2% catch rate.

1,615 receiving yards.

8 TD receptions. 

And before Sam Darnold stunk up the joint year #1 @ Carolina he exploded for 95 receptions for 1,096 receiving yards (made me sick) with a catch rate percentage of 70% and a 95.1 receiver rating. 

WR 1: Drake London = Mike Evans type of true outside #1 WR who's physical @ 6'5 with beast hands.

WR 2: Robby Anderson = Blazing fast type of speed burner and a deep threat who takes the top off of D's and must be accounted for by opposing Safetys. 

X-Factor: Elijah Moore = I won't even call this kid a slot receiver because he feasted on the outside last year and can play all over the Offense as a playmaking playmaker.

WR 4: Corey Davis: You're only as good as your weakest link and there isn't an NFL #4 WR who's most accomplished than Corey Davis (statistically speaking) and there isn't a single NFL #4 dime back who could keep up with his physicality. 

When going 4 wide? That WR core looks disgusting. 

WR 5: Denzel Mims = Last Chance U. 

I remember towards the end of 2020 while Robby Anderson was destroying NFL secondaries Joe Douglas had an interview. JD admitted to making a blunder due to not knowing Robby Anderson's market value while not only admitting he made a GM mistake but also promised to fix it. 

But all of this post is moot because I just realized he's not a FA until after 2023s season 😒

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas will sign Maxx Williams and draft Tre McBride. Total of 4M on the TE position.

Njoku and McBride and I'm happy.

Williams is a very "Kroft" type signing. Meaning he isn't much value to us. But I get it. We wont not sign anyone at TE in FA. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Omg wow where did you hear this from?!?

Robby Anderson is one of my top 5 homegrown Jet WRs of All-Time.

Keyshawn Johnson. 

Wayne Chrebet.

Laveranues Coles.

Santana Moss. 

Robby Anderson.

(Elijah Moore will soon one day rank alongside of these guys). 

• @ only 28 years of age and Zach Wilson's cannon for an arm along Robby Anderson's blazing speed? It's a match made in heaven for our Offensive attack. 

Sam Darnold brought his numbers down during year #2 in Carolina but throughout the previous two years Robby Anderson has combined for and recorded...

33 games.

246 targets.

148 receptions.

60.2% catch rate.

1,615 receiving yards.

8 TD receptions. 

And before Sam Darnold stunk up the joint year #1 @ Carolina he exploded for 95 receptions for 1,096 receiving yards (made me sick) with a catch rate percentage of 70% and a 95.1 receiver rating. 

WR 1: Drake London = Mike Evans type of true outside #1 WR who's physical @ 6'5 with beast hands.

WR 2: Robby Anderson = Blazing fast type of speed burner and a deep threat who takes the top off of D's and must be accounted for by opposing Safetys. 

X-Factor: Elijah Moore = I won't even call this kid a slot receiver because he feasted on the outside last year and can play all over the Offense as a playmaking playmaker.

WR 4: Corey Davis: You're only as good as your weakest link and there isn't an NFL #4 WR who's most accomplished than Corey Davis (statistically speaking) and there isn't a single NFL #4 dime back who could keep up with his physicality. 

When going 4 wide? That WR core looks disgusting. 

WR 5: Denzel Mims = Last Chance U. 

I remember towards the end of 2020 while Robby Anderson was destroying NFL secondaries Joe Douglas had an interview. JD admitted to making a blunder due to not knowing Robby Anderson's market value while not only admitting he made a GM mistake but also promised to fix it. 

But all of this post is moot because I just realized he's not a FA until after 2023s season 😒

In what world is Don Maynard, Wesley Walker, Al Toon and Jerricho Cotchery not ranked higher than Robby Anderson as homegrown Jets?

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Go get Hunter

Finally, something is new today. lol.     Problem with trading for him is I am pretty sure Vikings will get a multiple picks for Hunter.  Will JD, himself who wants to build the team via drafts, cave in?

I have longed thinking about 15th and Hunter for 4th.  Zero chance.

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Worried about the cost for him. Don't want to give up too valuable of a pick for him. But yes I'll gladly welcome him. 

The pick wouldn’t be much. Maybe a 3rd, he’s gonna need a new contract tho. Maybe we send them back their 4th they gave us for Herndon and a future conditional 2nd or something.