Around the League 2022

Bobby816

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You are pretty far off.

Zach was on pace to have most INTS in a season by far. If Zach would have played all the games he would have had more INT's than anyone in NFL history.

Then you add the fact he threw less TD's 9 than Josh Allen 10. 

"Zach Wilson was on pace to have to have the most INTs than anyone in NFL history"?

That's weird 🤭😆🤭

Because the last time I checked?

Zach Wilson not only ended the season with 5 consecutive games without a single INT thrown but also ended his season with 10 consecutive games of 0 multiple INT games. 

His last 10 games of the year he threw only 4 INTs (combined). 

So what are you talking about? 

Your boy Sam Darnold tossed 10 INTs during his last 10 games as a Rookie and also tossed 12 INTs during his last 10 games with Carolina as a 4th year player this past season.  

Zach Wilson only tossed 4 INTs during his last 10 games of the season so once again, what are you talking about?

Zach Wilson: Rookie Season. 

13 games. 

213/383 (55.6%). 

2,334 Passing Yards.  

179.5 Passing yards per game. 

9 Passing TDs/11 INTs. 

5 Fumbles (1 Fumble lost). 

12 Turnovers (INT/Fumbles) combined. 

QB Rating of 69.7. 

Vs. 

Josh Allen: Rookie Season: 

12 games. 

169/320 (52.8%). 

2,074 Passing Yards.  

172.8 Passing Yards Per Game. 

10 Passing TDs/12 INTs. 

8 Fumbles (2 fumbles lost). 

14 Turnovers (INT/Fumbles) combined). 

QB Rating of 67.9. 

=

▪︎ QB Completion Percentage = Advantage Zach Wilson.  

▪︎ Passing Yards Per Game = Advantage Zach Wilson.  

▪︎ TD passes thrown per game = Advantage Josh Allen

▪︎ INTs thrown per game = Advantage Zach Wilson. 

▪︎ Fumbled per game = Advantage Zach Wilson.  

▪︎ Turnovers per game = Advantage Zach Wilson. 

▪︎ QB Rating = Advantage Zach Wilson.  

No.

You're the one who's "way off". 

Because anyone who tries to point out 9 TDS (Wilson) vs 10 TDs (Allen) as a way of claiming Josh Allen had a better Rookie season than Zach Wilson while ignoring everything else either...

A.) Has a hidden agenda against Zach Wilson.

Or

B.) Knows absolutely nothingness about the QB position.  

Josh Allen will always be a better Running Back than Zach Wilson but anyone who looks at those Rookie statistics and claims Josh Allen had a better year as a Quarterback is absolutely clueless.  

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really hope this is a short stay 

Now that we already know Zach Wilson (as a passer) had a better Rookie season (statistically speaking) than Josh Allen did as a Rookie, how about..

Josh Allen (2nd year):

271/461.

193.1 passing yards per game. 

Completion percentage of only 58.8%.

20 TDs/9 INTs.

14 fumbles (2 fumbles lost).

QB Rating of only 85.3. 

I'll be happy but also less than impressed if Zach Wilson has that type of mediocre to average (at best) 2nd year. 

So when you say...

"Turning it around fast is easy if you have Josh Allen. We do not". 

I'll agree to disagree because it took up until Josh Allen's 3rd year for him to become really good (and now heading into year #5 with still 0 SBs).

Fast and easy? Not according to his first 2 NFL years @ QB it wasn't "fast and easy". 

You remember 1996 going from 1-15 to 1997s 9-7? Which "superstar" QB did we have? Neil O'Donnell? Are you saying Neil O'Donnell was Josh Allen or Joe Burrow?

15 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Now that we already know Zach Wilson (as a passer) had a better Rookie season (statistically speaking) than Josh Allen did as a Rookie, how about..

Josh Allen (2nd year):

271/461.

193.1 passing yards per game. 

Completion percentage of only 58.8%.

20 TDs/9 INTs.

14 fumbles (2 fumbles lost).

QB Rating of only 85.3. 

I'll be happy but also less than impressed if Zach Wilson has that type of mediocre to average (at best) 2nd year. 

So when you say...

"Turning it around fast is easy if you have Josh Allen. We do not". 

I'll agree to disagree because it took up until Josh Allen's 3rd year for him to become really good (and now heading into year #5 with still 0 SBs).

Fast and easy? Not according to his first 2 NFL years @ QB it wasn't "fast and easy". 

You remember 1996 going from 1-15 to 1997s 9-7? Which "superstar" QB did we have? Neil O'Donnell? Are you saying Neil O'Donnell was Josh Allen or Joe Burrow?

Josh Allen isn't a good example of what we should do with Wilson. For starters there playing style is very different bc of their body types. Wilson is tough as nails for a pretty boy ;) But he isn't 6'5" 240lbs. So he isn't that rushing threat that Allen is. Wilson certainly can be dangerous running the ball. But that's not exactly what you "want" him doing. When a guy like Allen averages 600yds and 8 tds. Elite numbers for a QB.

I think the blueprint for us is to continue to build the OL. Add at least 2 TEs, at least 1 WR and a change of pace RB. We continue to bring in offensive talent and Wilson will develop. And it's hard to not believe in JD after last offseason when he spent his 1st 4 picks on offense and added Davis in FA. He seems to get it, that we need to continue to get talent around our QB. 

Zach Wilson had 9 INTS in his first 5 games. Then he got hurt. If he did not get hurt yes he was on pace to break the record. Then you add he never threw for 300 yards in a game. He never had 1 game over 90 QB rating and his bests completion % was 63 in a game. More than half his games where non playoff teams and even went against the sorry team Jags and put up 102 yards in the air 1 TD and  had his best completion % against them with 63. Yes I'm not a fan of his. I do want him to be the franchise QB so bad but we have been fooled sooooo many times I'm not falling for it. History has shown when you start off this bad it is VERY rare you become a franchise QB. 

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach Wilson had 9 INTS in his first 5 games. Then he got hurt. If he did not get hurt yes he was on pace to break the record. Then you add he never threw for 300 yards in a game. He never had 1 game over 90 QB rating and his bests completion % was 63 in a game. More than half his games where non playoff teams and even went against the sorry team Jags and put up 102 yards in the air 1 TD and  had his best completion % against them with 63. Yes I'm not a fan of his. I do want him to be the franchise QB so bad but we have been fooled sooooo many times I'm not falling for it. History has shown when you start off this bad it is VERY rare you become a franchise QB. 

Go look at his offensive weapons the last month of the season. And you'll see why he wasn't lighting up the stat sheet. And you really need to start focusing on the good and not the bad. You're so hung up on 9 INTs in 5 games that you're ignoring only 2 in 7 games to finish his rookie year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach Wilson had 9 INTS in his first 5 games.

Then he got hurt. If he did not get hurt yes he was on pace to break the record.

Then you add he never threw for 300 yards in a game.

He never had 1 game over 90 QB rating

and his bests completion % was 63 in a game.

More than half his games where non playoff teams.

History has shown when you start off this bad it is VERY rare you become a franchise QB. 

▪︎ I guess you missed his QB Rating of 97.3 vs. Tennessee? 

Or what about his 6 games of QB Ratings of 80+ despite being drafted into a 2-14 crap team?

▪︎ No mention of his 4 games of over 60% competition percentage either?

I get it.

You're the type of Football fan who writes off Rookie QBs after only his first 3 games where he tossed 7 INTs.

But then ignores how he only combined for 4 INTs throughout his final 10 games. 

PS: The most INTs during a single season was 42. Vinny T once threw 35. Jameis Winston once threw 30. Favre 29 and Joe Namath/Peyton Manning both = 28 INTs thrown.

Maybe your math is off but Zach Wilson was never on pace to throw "the most INTs ever of All-Time". 

Because 4 INTs final 10 games completely says otherwise.  

You state more than half his games were against non playoff teams but yet ignore how Zach Wilson as only a Rookie faced the NFLs #1 and most difficult Defensive Schedule of any QB in the league? That's pretty Bush League of you.

History has shown when you start off this bad it is VERY rare you become a franchise QB?

Would you mind telling that to the likes of Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Steve Young, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford etc and so many more who absolutely stunk early on?

Oh yeah. I forgot. You're the type of Football fan who quits on a Rookie QB. because of his first "3 games". 

▪︎ Josh Allen had 11 INTs during his final 10 games as a Rookie (Zach Wilson only 4 final 10 games). 

▪︎ Josh Allen had 0 300 yards passing games as a Rookie and a high of only 245 (Zach Wilson had highs of 258 and 297 passing yards).

▪︎ Josh Allen only had two games of over 60% completion percentage of 65% and 68% (your boy Zach Wilson had 4 games of at least 60% completion percentage (60%, 60%, 61% and 63%). 

▪︎ Josh Allen ended his Rookie year with a QB Rating of only 67.9 (Zach Wilson = QBR of 69.7). 

▪︎ Josh Allen as a Rookie went up against the NFLs #23rd ranked Defensive Schedule (Zach Wilson faced the NFLs most difficult #1 Defensive Schedule). 

You would've quit on Josh Allen and wrote him off and all because of his awful "Rookie Stats" and that's just, sad. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Go look at his offensive weapons the last month of the season. And you'll see why he wasn't lighting up the stat sheet. And you really need to start focusing on the good and not the bad. You're so hung up on 9 INTs in 5 games that you're ignoring only 2 in 7 games to finish his rookie year. 

Well said. 

▪︎ He doesn't understand how Zach Wilson only threw 4 INTs during his final 10 games. 

▪︎ He points at "stats" but yet doesn't comprehend (A-C) situations.  

A.) Poor kid got drafted into a crap 2-14 team alongside of Rookie HC/OC and into a Franchise that had missed the playoffs dating back to 2010 (2011 and beyond).

B.). No NFL QB (Rookie or not) has ever (within the history of NFL QB) ever had to play so many games without so many injuries ala...

• AlijahVera-Tucker = 1 game missed @ LG.

• Braxton Berrios = 1 game missed @ WR.

• Connor McGovern = 2 games missed @ C.

• George Fant = 2 games missed @ OT.

• Keelan Cole = 2 games missed @ WR.

• Michael Carter = 3 games missed @ RB.

• Jamison Crowder = 5 games missed @ WR.

• Daniel Brown = 5 games missed @ TE.

• Trevon Wesco = 5 games missed @ TE.

• Elijah Moore = 6 games missed @ WR.

• Denzel Mims = 6 games missed/DNPs @ WR.

• Telvin Coleman = 6 games missed @ RB.

• Tyler Kroft = 8 games missed @ TE.

• Corey Davis = 8 games missed @ WR.

• Mekhi Becton = 16 games missed @ Franchise LT.

C.) He's acting and pretending as if Zach Wilson (as only a Rookie QB) didn't just face and have to play against the NFLs #1 and most difficult Defensive Schedule (of any QB in the league). 

But yeah. Right. Lets quit on the kid before building around him and write him off and all because of A-C? That's bush league @ it's finest. 

Some fail to realize that Zach Wilson's 2020 QB Rating @ BYU ranked 5th All-Time before coming out. 

1.) Joe Burrow (202.0).

2.) Tua Tagovailoa (199.4). 

3.) Kyler Murray (199.2). 

4.) Baker Mayfield (198.9). 

5.) Zach Wilson (196.4). 

And I'll take Zach Wilson's arm talents over any one of those QBs. 

But yeah. Right. Lets just quit on this kid and all because he was drafted into the JETS and got sacked 44x with only 1 fumble lost (just goes to show how physically and mentally tough he is despite what NFL critics said about his "toughness" coming out) because I seen a kid who was destroyed but yet never showed an ounce of fear inside of that pocket.

Dallas is a team I'm really paying attention to in FA.

On the surface it looks like Dallas is in cap hell (21mill over the cap), but when you dig into it they really aren't. And that's why I don't think it should just be automatically assumed Schultz will be a FA.

For example... of their top 10 highest paid players in 2022, only Dak and Elliott are guaranteed their money. Meaning that 8 of their top players can easily be cut, traded or contracts restructured.

Demarcus Lawrence would save them 27mill.

Amari Cooper would save them 22mill.

Zach Martin would save them 20mill.

Tyron Smith would save them 17.5mill.

La'el Collins would save them 15mill.

Anthony Brown would save them 6.5mill.

Blake Jarwin would save them 6mill.

Jourdan Lewis would save them 4.5mill.

So you can easily see that DAL can very easily get under the cap just reworking a few of these deals. Especially as a team that's in win now mode. Players are more likely to take less money/restructure, if that gives them a chance to win.

In conclusion... I think it's safe to say that Schultz will be a Cowboy next year (wouldn't surprise me at all if they tag him). So it's best to think of other options at TE for us in FA and the draft. TE no question needs to be addressed... but more than likely that answer wont be Schultz. This is why I have us signing Njoku who IMO is the best TE FA and is still only 25yrs old. Draft a guy as well and we have a revamped TE room for 3-5 years. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In conclusion... I think it's safe to say that Schultz will be a Cowboy next year (wouldn't surprise me at all if they tag him).

We have one month until we know for certain.  Until we know what FA's will be available and their asking price, it is silly to argue.  However, what the hell else are we gonna do at this time of the year.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Dallas is a team I'm really paying attention to in FA.

On the surface it looks like Dallas is in cap hell (21mill over the cap), but when you dig into it they really aren't. And that's why I don't think it should just be automatically assumed Schultz will be a FA.

For example... of their top 10 highest paid players in 2022, only Dak and Elliott are guaranteed their money. Meaning that 8 of their top players can easily be cut, traded or contracts restructured.

So you can easily see that DAL can very easily get under the cap just reworking a few of these deals. Especially as a team that's in win now mode. Players are more likely to take less money/restructure, if that gives them a chance to win.

In conclusion... I think it's safe to say that Schultz will be a Cowboy next year (wouldn't surprise me at all if they tag him). So it's best to think of other options at TE for us in FA and the draft. TE no question needs to be addressed... but more than likely that answer wont be Schultz. This is why I have us signing Njoku who IMO is the best TE FA and is still only 25yrs old. Draft a guy as well and we have a revamped TE room for 3-5 years. 

The bold. 

It doesn't quite work like that man.

For example...

C.J. Mosley.  

He's due $17.5M next year for 2022 but we can't cut him this offseason because of a $20.5M dead cap hit. 

Vs.

Next years offseason of 2023 he'll be due $18.5M and 2024 $18.5M = $37M over two years (2023/2024).

But next offseason NY can straight up cut him due to dead cap hits of only $3M (2023) and $1.5M (2024).

Which means $37M in savings - Dead Cap Hit of only $4.5M = $32.5M in savings (if cutting C.J Mosely next offseason.

(instead of this offseason ala 2022 = $20.5M in dead cap hit).

And the same goes for many of these Dallas players you mentioned. 

☆ Release DeMarcus Lawrence this Offseason and it doesn't save them $27M due to a $19M dead cap hit 2022 and a dead cap hit of $11M 2023 = $30M dead cap hit over two years.

(Dallas is stuck with DeMarcus Lawrence for at least two more offseasons).

+

☆ Release Zach Martin this offseason and it doesn't save them $20M because he's got a dead cap hit of $17M (2022).

+

☆ Release Tyron Smith this offseason and it doesn't save them $17.5M because of a $12M dead cap hit (2022). 

+

☆ Release La'el  Collins this offseason and it doesn't save them $15M due to a dead cap hit of $14M (2022).

+

☆ Release Amari Cooper this Offseason and it doesn't save them $22M because of a $6M dead cap hit (2022) and $4M dead cap hit (2023) = $10M dead cap hit over two years.

+

☆ Release Anthony Brown this offseason and it doesn't save them $6.5M because of a dead cap hit of $1.5M.

☆ Release Blake Jarwin this offseason and it doesn't save them $6M because of a $2M dead cap hit.

☆ Release Jourdan Lewis this offseason and it doesn't save them $4.5M because of a $2.5M dead cap hit.

Etc.

Etc.

▪︎ With the examples you're providing it's making it seem as if Dallas would save $118.5M (by releasing those 8 players).

▪︎ But yet you're forgetting about the (2022) dead cap hits of $74M (by releasing those 8 players).

$118.5M - 74.0M = only $44.5M (2022) in cap savings.  

And guess what?

Dallas is -$21.5M above the cap (30th in the league). 

Release all 8 of those players and Dallas has a lot of holes with only $23M in available salary cap space. 

Plus they'll have to sign free agents to fill those holes, have money left over for draft picks and that's not even included the $9M-$14M for DALTON SCHULTZ. 

It won't be easy to bring back Dalton Schultz it'll almost be, impossible. 

The NFL has dead cap hits to prevent teams like the Jets escaping C.J. Mosley's 2022 contract or KC just throwing Mahomes away ($92M 2022 dead cap vs. 2022 $35M contract) and/or Dallas being able to easily keep Dalton Schultz etc.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

LOL... I wish it was true.

34 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

The bold. 

It doesn't quite work like that man.

For example...

C.J. Mosley.  

He's due $17.5M next year for 2022 but we can't cut him this offseason because of a $20.5M dead cap hit. 

Vs.

Next years offseason of 2023 he'll be due $18.5M and 2024 $18.5M = $37M over two years (2023/2024).

But next offseason NY can straight up cut him due to dead cap hits of only $3M (2023) and $1.5M (2024).

Which means $37M in savings - Dead Cap Hit of only $4.5M = $32.5M in savings (if cutting C.J Mosely next offseason.

Also, designating Post June 1 cut on Mosley is ineffective.  No cap saving.   Trading him is our best option for salary cap purpose.

Bobby said cut, trade and restructure despite his incorrect numbers but you focused on cut only.