Around the League 2022

Bobby816

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The Jets still have until 2025 for me as a fan to become a contender or I'm out. So I'll be patient.  

Have an A++ draft this offseason and fill in the remaining holes during 2023s offseason;

And our Jets will become serious contenders heading into year #3 of Robert Saleh come Zach Wilson's 3rd year of 2023. 

Buffalo Bills are already in salary cap hell (and will only continue to decline over the next 2 years because of it). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Have an A++ draft this offseason and fill in the remaining holes during 2023s offseason;

And our Jets will become serious contenders heading into year #3 of Robert Saleh come Zach Wilson's 3rd year of 2023. 

Buffalo Bills are already in salary cap hell (and will only continue to decline over the next 2 years because of it). 

That would be great. They just have to do it. The bar is so low, I just want a playoff appearance.  We deserve a Dynasty. JD has to hit and Wilson has to prove he is the franchise QB. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Well CIN showed you can turn the thing around fast.

A great off-season this year and we can be in the mix.

You can turn it around fast IF you’ve got your QB.  That is why I think our O is a lot closer to being respectable than not.  Add a starting WR, TE and RG and we should be OK IF Zach takes the next step. 

• Like 1

Feel pretty bad for Odell Beckham Jr. 

Was having an awesome season, an amazing postseason and probably would've been SB MVP (@ the time). 

And then surfers another ACL injury (on SB night. 

And that just, stinks. 

I want nothing to do with players such as George Pickens and Jameson Williams of John Metchie III who've (all 3) already torn their ACLs.

Because one you blow out your ACL? No matter how good you look once returning to full strength? You're always @ high risk (much higher risk) to tear your ACL again. 

Your ACL is never supposed to rip apart to begin with. Once it does? Even if you fully recover like OBJ did? You're still damaged goods.  

Just look @ Carl Lawson. Torn ACL in college and then another torn ACL with Cincinnati Bengals and now a ruptured Achilles’ Tendon during Jets training camp. This guy is cooked; damaged goods. 

Watching Odell Beckham Jr get injured again turned my stomach. The game of Football should only be played on grass and the NFL should be sued by every player who's ever suffered a serious lower body injury by the hands of TURF. 

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Turning it around fast is easy if you have Josh Allen or Joe Burrow. We do not.

That's funny. 

Because (statistically speaking) Zach Wilson had a better Rookie season than Josh Allen. 

And unlike Zach Wilson, Josh Allen didn't face the NFL's #1 most difficult Defensive Schedule of any QB in the league (as did Zach Wilson) and unlike Zach Wilson, Josh Allen didn't have to overcome as many injuries to his Offensive teammates (as did Zach Wilson).

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

That's funny. 

Because (statistically speaking) Zach Wilson had a better Rookie season than Josh Allen. 

And unlike Zach Wilson, Josh Allen didn't face the NFL's #1 most difficult Defensive Schedule of any QB in the league (as did Zach Wilson) and unlike Zach Wilson, Josh Allen didn't have to overcome as many injuries to his Offensive teammates (as did Zach Wilson).

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in 2022

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in 2022

Josh Allen has always been a good running back but during his first two NFL seasons he was an A.) Awful Quarterback and B.) An absolute turnover prone QB of an INT machine and Fumbling freak of nature. 

Josh Allen's 1st two NFL years (combined).

• 440/781.

• Completion Percentage of only 56.3%. 

• 5,163 Passing Yards (only 191.2 Passing Yards per game).

• 30 TDs/21 INTs (22 Fumbles).

▪︎ QB Rating of only 78.2.

Josh Allen didn't emerge into an NFL Star QB until years 3 and 4 because not until Buffalo's Offense got him Stefon Diggs did Josh Allen himself take off (year #3).

But for what it's worth Josh Allen is already heading into his 5th NFL season and Buffalo has still yet to reach an NFL Super Bowl since dating back to 1993.

And Buffalo is now in salary cap hell with little ability to improve moving forward. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

26 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Feel pretty bad for Odell Beckham Jr. 

Was having an awesome season, an amazing postseason and probably would've been SB MVP (@ the time). 

And then surfers another ACL injury (on SB night. 

And that just, stinks. 

I want nothing to do with players such as George Pickens and Jameson Williams of John Metchie III who've (all 3) already torn their ACLs.

Because one you blow out your ACL? No matter how good you look once returning to full strength? You're always @ high risk (much higher risk) to tear your ACL again. 

Your ACL is never supposed to rip apart to begin with. Once it does? Even if you fully recover like OBJ did? You're still damaged goods.  

Just look @ Carl Lawson. Torn ACL in college and then another torn ACL with Cincinnati Bengals and now a ruptured Achilles’ Tendon during Jets training camp. This guy is cooked; damaged goods. 

Watching Odell Beckham Jr get injured again turned my stomach. The game of Football should only be played on grass and the NFL should be sued by every player who's ever suffered a serious lower body injury by the hands of TURF. 

Yes grass will make a difference but what the average fan does not realize is non contact ACLs are all preventable.  These guys do not take care of their bodies properly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes grass will make a difference but what the average fan does not realize is non contact ACLs are all preventable.  These guys do not take care of their bodies properly.

Since you’re the expert on such things, how does one prevent a torn ACL? I mean aside from not playing football.  I always thought the joints are what they are. How do you strengthen them?

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Since you’re the expert on such things, how does one prevent a torn ACL? I mean aside from not playing football.  I always thought the joints are what they are. How do you strengthen them?

Weight training will help but you also need good sleep and nutrition. Lack of sleep vastly increases risk of injury. 

Two muscles involved are the hamstrings and VMO. The way most athletes train, those muscles are largely ignored. Saquon squats heavy but he doesn’t go full range and he may not focus on hamstrings like how you see Tyreke banging out Nordic curls  

If you look up KneesOverToesGuy he has a TON of successful knee stories. 

EDIT- nothing will change unless the Strength and Conditioning industry has a massive overhaul. Too many hype men with big egos. The real good ones stay private and get the athletes to pay them in the offseason. 

Edited by jetsfan4life51

12 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

That's funny. 

You are pretty far off. Zach was on pace to have most INTS in a season by far. If Zach would have played all the games he would have had more INT's than anyone in NFL history. Then you add the fact he threw less TD's 9 than Josh Allen 10. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You are pretty far off. Zach was on pace to have most INTS in a season by far. If Zach would have played all the games he would have had more INT's than anyone in NFL history. Then you add the fact he threw less TD's 9 than Josh Allen 10. 

You couldn't be further off and you're better off just starting out each post saying you hate Wilson and will forever.

Wilson threw only 2 INTs once he came back from injury. That was in 7 games. And the 7 games to end the season which is even more important. So what does that tell you? He while out learned how to make better decisions. Factor that over a whole season and that would be him only throwing 5 INTs over a whole season. You're taking a viewpoint on this literally completely backwards. You're taking his early season mistakes and saying that's who he is now. As if he didn't progress and protect the ball for his last 7 games.

• Like 1