Around the League 2022

Bobby816

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'd love if something happens and Hutch or Thibs falls to us at 4. We are going to need to hope that some one falls in love with a QB for it to happen though. If both are gone, I'm on board with Hamilton. I want a ballhawk that can help generate turnovers. With our second first rounder, im hoping for either the best available WR or Linderbaum. 

Getting a TE in FA should also be a top priority. I'd be shocked if Dallas lets Schultz walk, and I have no clue how we would get him to select us over other, more capable teams but he would be great. Howard scares me in that I kinda feel like he is just Jace amaro or Dustin Keller on another team. Ertz would be a nice get too.

For pass rush, if we miss on Hutchinson and Thibs, we are going to really have to hope that Lawson comes back ok and take a flier on a high upside guy in round two or three.  We 

We also need to target some real linebackers. This plan of using Safeties as linebackers is going to lead us do getting mauled in the running game. We have to get some actual backers that actually play on the second level.

If we go OL and WR round 1 I'm hoping Jermaine Johnson is available in the 2nd.  He's a perfect skillset at LE to go opposite Lawson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Herbert looks like he’s right there too. But those 3 have shown the ability to perform and win in the playoffs.

We need Wilson to be a lot better than middle of the pack 

Yea I think you are right, Evey game Wilson had different receivers to throw to with all the injuries we had all year. I think we will know much more about him next season. The only thing I learn about him this year is that he moves well in the pocket and he is tough to sack.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we go OL and WR round 1 I'm hoping Jermaine Johnson is available in the 2nd.  He's a perfect skillset at LE to go opposite Lawson.

I think/hope Saleh falls in love with a DE at the senior bowl that we could take in the 2nd. Hoping it's Myjai Sanders definitely a lighter build than Johnson but he's an athlete at the edge that I could see rising. 

Rams making the Super Bowl with Cooper Kupp being their #1 receiving target…again

Bengals making the Super Bowl with that excuse for an offensive line and holding the Chiefs to 3 points in the second half at home.

We have a shot boys.

We beat both of the teams in the last two seasons with Darnold(on the road while winless) and White Mike.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

Not saying we need to spend a 1st rounder on a WR… but look at the teams playing in the Super Bowl and how there WRs and QB play are why they’re there. Stafford clearly needed more than just only a #1 and needed multiple great WRs. Burrow is a 2nd year guy and has 3 stud WRs. They help is all I’m saying. You want a franchise QB… help him be that

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not saying we need to spend a 1st rounder on a WR… but look at the teams playing in the Super Bowl and how there WRs and QB play are why they’re there. Stafford clearly needed more than just only a #1 and needed multiple great WRs. Burrow is a 2nd year guy and has 3 stud WRs. They help is all I’m saying. You want a franchise QB… help him be that

The Bengals are there because their defense held the Chiefs to 3 points in the second half to be fair. 

The other thing is that Stafford and Burrow are just that good. It’s a matter of both a QB who can elevate talent and talent that can give the QB the chance to be great. 

Mahomes had more talent(himself and around him) than both Stafford and Burrow and couldn’t get it done this year.

With that said we do need to invest in at least another Receiver, TE or 2 and Running Back along with upgrading the interior of the OL for the run game.

Now Brady announced his retirement.  I am still skeptical only because he has been a thorn in the Jets side forever thus I am irrationally pessimistic. I'll 100% believe it when he is not signed and under center come game 1 this year.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, JetsandI said:

I dont know who I will root for. I like Bengals but I want Matt Stafford to get his first SB ring.

This is a win-win Superbowl for me. I like both Burrow and Stafford. I'm going to root for the Bengals just because  I feel like it gives us more hope of being able to be a real team again sometime.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

This is a win-win Superbowl for me. I like both Burrow and Stafford. I'm going to root for the Bengals just because  I feel like it gives us more hope of being able to be a real team again sometime.

I'm rooting for the Rams. If the Bengals then its just us, the Browns and Lions sitting in the clown franchise tier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Ah... Does it mean you can't root for Jets to fire LaFleur or Ulbrich until they complete 3rd season with Jets? lol.