Who is the surprise cut(s) from your roster?

MikeT14

We're less than a week out till final cuts. Every year we get some major surprises. Any prediction for you and your teams? Or other teams? 

For Washington, I still think there is a good chance Antonio Gandy-Golden gets cut because of his lack of ST. 

For the Ravens, we're going to have to cut a good secondary player/CB who will likely end up on someone else's roster this year and contribute for them.

Right now we have:

• Marlon Humphrey
  • Marcus Peters
  • Jimmy Smith (slated to return sometime in the first month)
  • Anthony Averett (who the coaches are high on)
  • Tavon Young (starting slot CB who's going to get injured week 2 and go on IR)
  • Shaun Wade (one of the highest graded college CB's last year)

And that's just at CB. Then you have our safeties:

• Deshon Elliott
  • Anthony Levine
  • Chuck Clark
  • Nigel Warrior
  • Geno Stone

One of those guys is likely to get cut. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Shaun Wade (one of the highest graded college CB's last year)

...Uh...Ohio State fan here...no he wasn't.

Now, 2019, he was AWESOME in the slot and as a push FS. Last year he was pretty bad, which is why he dropped out of his first round projection all the way to D3 to you all.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

...Uh...Ohio State fan here...no he wasn't.

Now, 2019, he was AWESOME in the slot and as a push FS. Last year he was pretty bad, which is why he dropped out of his first round projection all the way to D3 to you all.

Okay maybe it was 2019 I was referring to. I just remember seeing a graphic like yesterday(?) about his college coverage grades 😬

Giants are super deep at DL. BJ Hill may be cut for a younger, cheaper guy, namely UDFA Raymond Johnson. Ifeadi Odenigbo, who has $1 mill guaranteed on his contract this year, has done nothing so far in the preseason and could be a surprise cut. DB was another contentious spot that could have seen some interesting cuts, but injuries and trades have pretty much solidified what will happen there in getting down to the 53.

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Okay maybe it was 2019 I was referring to. I just remember seeing a graphic like yesterday(?) about his college coverage grades 😬

He's AWESOME in the slot and push, because he's good laterally and physical with good ball skills. His hips and ability outside the numbers is pretty brutal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's AWESOME in the slot and push, because he's good laterally and physical with good ball skills. His hips and ability outside the numbers is pretty brutal.

Well luckily he'll likely be our starting nickel CB by week 3 when Tavon Young inevitably ends up on IR for the 3rd time in 3 years.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well luckily he'll likely be our starting nickel CB by week 3 when Tavon Young inevitably ends up on IR for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Him playing outside CB last year (and playing at all for that matter) cost him a 1st/2nd Round status and the money that comes with it.

• Like 1

basically all the potential surprise candidates for the raiders are going to stick around because of cap implications/dead money

so if i had to pick someone realistic, i'd just say karl joseph and jalen richard. but yeah, not super exciting. a pleasant surprise cut would be nathan "nathan peterman" peterman because im not a fan of holding 3 QBs in favor of depth elsewhere, but 3 QBs has been a gruden staple

It already happened for the Giants when they cut Kevin Zeitler, their best offensive lineman. They made their weakest unit on the team even weaker. I love Judge and rarely disagree with the decisions he made, but cutting Zeitler made no sense to me.

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

I wish it was Jaylon Smith, but I think his dead money keeps him in Dallas another year.

Why has he fallen off the cliff so much? What happened? He was doing pretty well early in his career iirc but hasnt been the same.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1