Devin Funchess out for season

rthom348

I feel bad for Funchess. He's going to struggle to latch on if his injury is something that will keep him out for most of the year. I wish him well but think the idea we bring him back is far fetched. If we wanted him we could have kept him on the final 53 then IR'd him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

This may be the saving grace for ESB or Taylor. I'm super bummed to hear about this and hope we at least bring him to camp next year.

I'd give the edge to Taylor at this point.  Based on what we've seen, he's earned WR6 if we carry 6 WRs.  We have carried 5 WRs the first two years of LaFleur's career, so I don't think it's even a given that the Packers carry 6 WRs.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd give the edge to Taylor at this point.  Based on what we've seen, he's earned WR6 if we carry 6 WRs.  We have carried 5 WRs the first two years of LaFleur's career, so I don't think it's even a given that the Packers carry 6 WRs.

and there have been questions swirling around ESB in regards to his passion for the game or lackthereof. I'm not a Taylor fan, but am pretty well convinced he's leapfrogged ESB.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Between Covid and injuries, we never really got to get the full Funchess experience, sadly.  I’ll always have a bit of the “what if” regarding his time here.

When dealing with something so fraught with the turnover of personnel, it generally not a good idea to get hung up on "what might have been(s)"...

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

When dealing with something so fraught with the turnover of personnel, it generally not a good idea to get hung up on "what might have been(s)"...

We talk about that ad nausum in this forum, but it’s not stopping me from wondering.