PS Week 3- Bears v. Titans- Justin Fields may die

beardown3231

i doubt the nfl has a rule like college, but i saw both Snowden and Harrington on the field for a KO return together. Why is this significant? both wear #49 - in college you can't have 2 guys wearing the same number on the field at the same time.

anyone know if this rule is applicable to the nfl too? i doubt it because rosters are only 53 and this would only be an issue in the preseason. just something i noticed

Just now, HuskieBear said:

i doubt the nfl has a rule like college, but i saw both Snowden and Harrington on the field for a KO return together. Why is this significant? both wear #49 - in college you can't have 2 guys wearing the same number on the field at the same time.

anyone know if this rule is applicable to the nfl too? i doubt it because rosters are only 53 and this would only be an issue in the preseason. just something i noticed

That's a good catch. 

Before they changed to rule on numbers being grouped by position it was kinda common during the preseason. With anyone able to pick whatever number I'm surprised there's no issue but I'm sure the final roster will have some number swaps. I don't think I've ever seen two people sharing a number in the regular season for the pros. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm not sure but I don't think there's a rule against it before final cuts. They let 2 Bears players switch numbers last week IIRC so I'd assume if that's allowed then it's okay....and probably for the same reason you mentioned -- 90 player clubs in the offseason would make it tough after retired numbers.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's a good catch. 

Before they changed to rule on numbers being grouped by position it was kinda common during the preseason. With anyone able to pick whatever number I'm surprised there's no issue but I'm sure the final roster will have some number swaps. I don't think I've ever seen two people sharing a number in the regular season for the pros. 

i thought about the new number rule in regards to this for a hot minute, but remembered because rosters are only 53, there's no way theres ever gonna be a double number during the regular season