Back to the Bay- Raiders vs 49ers #3 preseason game

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Is this not Deablo’s first ever nfl game?

I get it with Muse, but let’s give the rookie a bit longer than one half of professional football…..

the problem is that just like Muse, he is a guy taken with a day 2 pick (usually expected to contribute early) who is undergoing a position change. same problems with Muse, Bowden, and now Deablo. 

doesnt help and not his fault that he got hurt, but was a project to begin with

• Like 1

Just now, reddevil said:

Why would Deablo be cut having never played a game? I mean that’s taking instant gratification to an absurd level. 

If a guy comes in as a UDFA and plays in 1 preseason game without much practice and prep, no team in the league is keeping that guy. 

That literally happens every year to like 300 guys. 

And that's literally the point being made- the only reason Deablo is making an otherwise bad roster is 100% based on his draft pedigree and nothing he has actually done. Had he been a UDFA and not a draft pick, it would be absurd to keep him.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

If a guy comes in as a UDFA and plays in 1 preseason game without much practice and prep, no team in the league is keeping that guy. 

And that's literally the point being made- the only reason Deablo is making an otherwise bad roster is 100% based on his draft pedigree and nothing he has actually done. Had he been a UDFA and not a draft pick, it would be absurd to keep him.

But it’s not. He has a roster spot because the coaches (including Gus Bradley)  believe he has the potential to become a good player - which is why they picked him in the third round. And I expect they will want to give him time, or at least more than a preseason in which he was injured and half a preseason game to find out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

8 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

the problem is that just like Muse, he is a guy taken with a day 2 pick (usually expected to contribute early) who is undergoing a position change. same problems with Muse, Bowden, and now Deablo. 

Think the biggest problem is that it makes sense to keep one project, position convert on the roster. We've seen Bradley develop other guys like Deablo into good players in the past. But it doesn't really make sense to carry two on the 53 man roster when neither can really contribute outside of special teams. 

9 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Thank you. 

It's why I was livid at the draft. We use early picks on projects. Koonce and Deablo are deep depth. 

Molden and Tufele? The guys I pounded the table for? They'd be starters on this squad. 

3 minutes ago, reddevil said:

But it’s not. He has a roster spot because the coaches (including Gus Bradley)  believe he has the potential to become a good player - which is why they picked him in the third round. And I expect they will want to give him time, or at least more than a preseason in which he was injured and half a preseason game to find out.

Which was stupid, but ok.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Thank you. 

It's why I was livid at the draft. We use early picks on projects. Koonce and Deablo are deep depth. 

Molden and Tufele? The guys I pounded the table for? They'd be starters on this squad. 

i would have given both 3rd and then some to move back up into the late 2nd when JOK was falling past 50. he would have been perfect for this defense.

i dont dislike the Koonce pick though, rotational pass rusher with some juice on tape. he just hasnt looked that good in preseason. but i'm ok with that process. its really the deablo pick that bothered me when we still had Muse

Edited by Turnobili

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

maybe we could still use KJ Wright after all. Perryman is MLB depth but doesnt address our OLB which at this point is Littleton and then scraps. can cut Jalen. can partially restructure Carr

get it done

Yeah would definitely prefer to sign KJ Wright and carry 6 LB's: Perryman, Littleton, Kwit, Morrow, Wright, Deablo

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

i would have given both 3rd and then some to move back up into the late 2nd when JOK was falling past 50. he would have been perfect for this defense

Yeah I'd definitely rather have JOK then those two. We could've also given up the picks we used on Bowden/Muse to move back into the late 2nd round for Jeremy Chinn, lol.