Back to the Bay- Raiders vs 49ers #3 preseason game

Humble_Beast

what are you watching for? 

• Peterman- if he has another game of 2-3 turnovers, could we just stash him on PS. Wish we could land a better developmental QB, I feel we are screwed if he ever sees the field in real life 
  • MM- will he play? Tired of seeing so much Peterman. This could be a good showcase game for him
  • Ragas- can he have a strong game, and improve his case to make the team
  • Turner- prolly doesn't make the team, but he has been solid all preseason. earned a practice squad spot at the very least 
  • Any Bushman? has been a forgotten man
  • backup OL- our backup OL looked like boo boo. what happens this week. Does Morrison, Cotton impress? Our guards are going down with injury 
  • Ferrell - he should get alot of run with the 2s lol
  • Will McCoy make his Raider debut 
  • Muse gets more reps, LB unit is all about getting healthy at this point 
  • Will Deablo make his debut?
  • Battle of 6th CB is interesting between Nixon, Johnson. Will Johnson injury get him cut, and don't forget Wreh Wilson
  • Gillespie chance to make an impact
  • With Injuries can Teamer have another good game and sneak on the team 

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what are you watching for? 

• Peterman- if he has another game of 2-3 turnovers, could we just stash him on PS. Wish we could land a better developmental QB, I feel we are screwed if he ever sees the field in real life 
  • MM- will he play? Tired of seeing so much Peterman. This could be a good showcase game for him

Yeah I don't really see the value of carrying 3 QB, I'd much rather carry another player at a different spot. If both of our QB's get hurt we're screwed either way and Peterman isn't good. But it's difficult to carry 2 QB because Mariota is always hurt, wasn't Peterman our primary backup most of last season?

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I expect him to almost sack the quarterback 1-2x.  Gonna fill up the stat sheet under the "QB pressures" column.

He's going to try to break Nate Peterman's record of being the only QB to play every snap for a team during the preseason.

• Like 1

I hope the starters aside from Waller get some run at least a qtr. 

Would be nice to see the new defensive line get some time against Jimmy G. Get some confidence going into week 1 cause that 49ers line especially on the right side is not good. 

Need to see a lot of Deablo on Sunday 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I hope the starters aside from Waller get some run at least a qtr. 

Would be nice to see the new defensive line get some time against Jimmy G. Get some confidence going into week 1 cause that 49ers line especially on the right side is not good. 

Need to see a lot of Deablo on Sunday 

I want to see what Muse looks like inside

We need to get some starters out there for at least a series or two.  If not I expect some rust week 1 against the Ravens.  If we look bad and lose Gruden will say it is his fault and then blame it on not playing starters in the preseason.  Then we will miss the playoffs by one game and Gruden will say if we could just have week 1 back.  The entire season will be blamed on one mistake "that he will learn his lesson from".  

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

No mariota, gruden put that one to rest. Sounds like another game of backups for us....don’t know if I completely agree with this.  So most starters first snaps will be on Monday night vs the ravens. Hopefully not too much “rust” to break off.🤞

Peterman has to be the only QB in NFL history to take every snap at QB for a team during the preseason, lol. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

We need to get some starters out there for at least a series or two.  If not I expect some rust week 1 against the Ravens.  If we look bad and lose Gruden will say it is his fault and then blame it on not playing starters in the preseason.  Then we will miss the playoffs by one game and Gruden will say if we could just have week 1 back.  The entire season will be blamed on one mistake "that he will learn his lesson from".  

Most coaches say that they prefer the joint practices over preseason games. We haven't seen our starters play in the preseason but we essentially got two preseason games against the Rams before the real game. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

No way Gruden admits he made a mistake 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Most coaches say that they prefer the joint practices over preseason games. We haven't seen our starters play in the preseason but we essentially got two preseason games against the Rams before the real game. 

Its not the same thing.  It is better than just practicing against your own team but still not like a game even if it is preseason.  We will see but teams that sit their starters through the entire preseason start of slow.  

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Its not the same thing.  It is better than just practicing against your own team but still not like a game even if it is preseason.  We will see but teams that sit their starters through the entire preseason start of slow.  

My whole thing if It only took a joint practice for some of the starters to get hurt what would happen if we had played them tomorrow. 

At the same time we have a lot of young players that you need to see develop so I can understand either way.