Back to the Bay- Raiders vs 49ers #3 preseason game

Humble_Beast

55 minutes ago, Dessie said:

#78 Niles Scott NT had a couple of nice plays, hopefully can sneak him on to the practice squad. #33 Teamer as well. 

I just saw the tackles for loss. I wonder if he’s a suitable long-term replacement for Hankins as he’s getting up there in age

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I did lol And came to the conclusion but That I wrote in the notes I gave but he did well as an SLB but didn’t look good at any of the other linebacker positions(there are three different linebacker positions with three different responsibilities that require three different skillsets in case you didn’t know. Here are what they’re called: SLB ILB & WLB)

So youre saying what NY Raider ...Turnobili...a couple others and my self saw was wrong...ok

5 minutes ago, lester said:

So youre saying what NY Raider ...Turnobili...a couple others and my self saw was wrong...ok

Lol maybe(and this is just a possibility which is why I said bring up specifically what you saw that made you say that lol) they Play where he did something that would be considered trash was opposition other than SLB. 

But again citing that other people agree with you does not make you or the other people that agree with you correct and the other person that disagrees incorrect. I mean no disrespect towards anyone it’s just a fact of life LOL

Edited by Jeremy408

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's actually a really poor tackling technique, just awful grabbing jerseys instead of driving the feet and shoulders into him. Good positioning from the safety but that is just laughable to call that Beastly 😂

Edited by Darbsk

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's actually a really poor tackling technique, just awful grabbing jerseys instead of driving the feet and shoulders into him. Good positioning that is just laughable to call that Beastly 😂

I think the beastly comment was more about how he got into position to make the tackle. . . 

28 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think the beastly comment was more about how he got into position to make the tackle. . . 

Well that was good, well spotted and chose his angle well but he really could have clobbered him with some good technique

• Like 1

OK so it took me a couple of days but I watched this All-22 breakdown of every defensive play from this game. Heres what I came away with:

-Gerald McCoy was way more disruptive than I remember. It didn't matter if it was against the ones or the threes. With the people we have rushing the passer on the outside he may be a problem

-Amik Robertson played a lot of slot in this game(it even looks like he played more slot than outside) he looked really good at both

-Karl Joseph popped. It's a shame that he got cut

-Tyree Gillespie I really feel good about as a strong safety I'm glad that they didn't make him a back up free safety. If Abram plays anything like he did last year I can see him getting benched around week nine or 10 for this guy. 

-With Tanner Muse confirmed what I initially thought which was that when he was at SLB he looked really good. When they tried him at other things like MLB(which is what I think they experimented with him most you could see that he didn't fully know the position)

-With divine Diablo you can tell that the talent really pops. The guy can move and is good in space. You can just tell he doesn't know his responsibilities(which is an obvious product of him signing late getting injured and not really getting physical grabs until last week

-i'll even say this: I was wrong about Nevin Lawson regressing. He took his lumps for sure but he was actually better than I remember he was in the game watching the all 22. he had some pretty good coverage plays. They're probably holding onto him until they know for sure that Nate Hobbs and Amik Robertson are good to go. 

-You can clearly see why everyone that got cut got cut(except for Karl Joseph but we know why he got cut).