Back to the Bay- Raiders vs 49ers #3 preseason game

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I'd definitely rather have JOK then those two. We could've also given up the picks we used on Bowden/Muse to move back into the late 2nd round for Jeremy Chinn, lol.

I wanted JOK in the first. Still so weird that he fell so far

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i would have given both 3rd and then some to move back up into the late 2nd when JOK was falling past 50. he would have been perfect for this defense.

i dont dislike the Koonce pick though, rotational pass rusher with some juice on tape. he just hasnt looked that good in preseason. but i'm ok with that process. its really the deablo pick that bothered me when we still had Muse

I feel you. Trade up, trade back, draft someone who might actually get legit playing time....anything but spitballing for 4th string guys in round 3 when you have clear holes elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

The muse pick never made sense. People have been trying to convince themselves that it did. But it didn't then and it don't now. 

Special teams war daddy, lol. Almost made as much sense as drafting a slot WR that played QB to be our backup RB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's just odd because we hit on 3/4 of our mid round picks in his first draft with Crosby, Moreau, and Renfrow. 

Stopped clock is right twice a day. 

That first class worled pretty well- all 3 would be starters or immediate backups on  almost every team in the league. 

It's the "smartest guy in the room" fallacy come to life. Now it's like an endless attempt to show everyone else up. 

Difference is, all of those guys were taken about where expected.

Edited by ronjon1990