General Offense

onejayhawk

I'm going to just raid these threads for happy stats and tweets with the team looking back on track.

Though this does just continue to raise the question of why we didn't use CEH more in the passing game in the first place. That, to me, was always the justification of taking him.

• Like 1

Eligible and able are two different things. Niang should be ready for this week. I am guessing his backup is still Wylie, but eventually will be Kyle Long.

On a related subject, what is Prince Tega Wanogho's role going forward? I have no feel for his skills but we always knew the physical side was there. Is he a potential swing backup next season?

J

Lucas Niang is not practicing, so we have a chance to see Kyle Long at RT.

I was not aware the Chiefs were #1 in the league in 3rd down efficiancy. It's not a bad place to start, but I would prefer leading the league in 1st down yardage.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/12/2/22814504/kansas-city-chiefs-third-down-offenses-nfl-improvment-andy-reid-patrick-mahomes-eric-bieniemy

44 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

This offense is a shadow of what it once was, sad to see. Drops, miscues, turnovers, bad body language all around. Had no confidence theyd do well against the cover-2 defense Fangio deploys.

True, but nothing is fundamentally wrong, just no synchronicity. 

I take the drops as another sign of being slightly out of synch. Mahomes had been able to lay the ball just where it needed to be but this year it's not there, not yet. 

In spite of all the problems we still have a top ten offense in passing, rushing and points. We're #1 in 3rd down efficiency. 

J