The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Darbsk said:

Nice to see a pile of DL, we need a fresh rotation so that makes sense. Didn't we only carry 4 LBs initially last year?

Agreed on the DL, I don't see Koonce playing much but Philon and Thomas can play DT/DE. 

We'll probably start: Yannick - McCoy - Hankins - Crosby

With Philon, Ferrell, Thomas, and Jefferson rotating in. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm referring to this season, everyone's saying we're screwed if Ruggs gets hurt. But I think Edwards can be a good deep threat. 

yeah, he can but hes not ruggs scary os all. I wanted edwards, and think he can do both. Very Boldin like, strong hands and and go attack ball. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah he's 6'4" with 4.4 speed and Edwards is 6'3" with 4.4 speed. Edwards barely played but he averaged 17.5 ypc last season.

dont really remember Edwards taking the lid off defenses though. he did have the one back shoulder vs denver

• Like 1

Just now, roi34 said:

yeah, he can but hes not ruggs scary os all. I wanted edwards, and think he can do both. Very Boldin like, strong hands and and go attack ball. 

Of course he isn't Ruggs who is the fastest player ever recorded on a football field. But if any teams #1 WR/deep threat goes down it's going to be a significant loss. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed on the DL, I don't see Koonce playing much but Philon and Thomas can play DT/DE. 

We'll probably start: Yannick - McCoy - Hankins - Crosby

With Philon, Ferrell, Thomas, and Jefferson rotating in. 

That looks a pretty solid to decent DL in fairness. Love the McCoy signing as I wanted to sign him two years ago. Hoping that Nassib or Koonce can be that guy like Mayowa a few years ago that plays sparingly but surprises with his sack output.

I'm pretty sure we'll bring in another OL after seeing who's available and one or two of the LBs end up on IR to accommodate that.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're extremely young and unproven at WR, OL, LB, and S. The youth and lack of depth at WR and across the OL could come back to haunt us.

need one of Ruggs and Edwards to produce big, with Renfrow, Waller and our run game. Ideally both step up. Willie Snead is someone that doesnt get a lot of credit but i can see have a good year. Not holding my breathe on Zay, but as always, hes looked good and dialed in with DC this offseason.

OL cant have any injuries, dont like our depth there. I think we will be solid upfront, IF we stay healthy. 

LB, sucks Morrow went down, i thought he and Littleton would be perfect with Gus, hopefully hes back sooner than later. Not comfortable with Muse or Deablo playing significant snaps this year. Big year for Littleton, he needs to earn his check. I think Kwit and Perryman are solid. If another LB goes down we are in trouble. 

Moehrig has looked like a day 1 starter since, uh day 1 lol i think Abram is in a for a good year playing to his strengths. Teamer has history with Bradley so he brings some experience. But yes, would have loved to have found a way to keep Joseph. Gillespie looks like a player for us. 

young with upside, guess we will have to wait and see. obviously things wont go perfect but we have some talent in place. 

• Like 1

I think Ruggs if healthy has healthy leap and explosive plays. Edwards prob 500 yardsish and 6-8 tds maybe.

I think Carr throws most tds of career because of additions like drake and rookies being better  and jacobs is more year 1 than year 2.