The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100% Ruggs was already receiving so much attention deep last year. And he was running poor routes and Carr still should have hit him for at least 5 more 40+ yard passes. He also narrowly missed 3-4 TD's IIRC (Browns game, goal line Carolina, Falcons game, and one more that I'm forgetting).

If teams want to sell out to stop him, Waller Renfrow and Edwards are gonna eat.

Hopefully we can get Ruggs involved in the short passing game more this year. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Brown's going to be a 32 next off-season he wasn't going to cash in on a huge deal but probably did expect to start.

I would actually have no problem with this cut if they found somebody with some real speed so that ruggs isn’t the only person who’s sub 4.4

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I would actually have no problem with this cut if they found somebody with some real speed so that ruggs isn’t the only person who’s sub 4.4

I think Edwards can be a good deep threat and I think this is more of a reflection of how good Ruggs has looked in camp. Brown asked for his release so he must have known he wasn't going to play very much.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Edwards can be a good deep threat and I think this is more of a reflection of how good Ruggs has looked in camp. Brown asked for his release so he must have known he wasn't going to play very much.  

My thing is just because someone can catch the ball deep doesn’t make them a deep threat. The thing with ruggs is if you put one person on him regardless of who the player is there’s a chance that he could score on one play just because of his ability to run right by you. 

if you’re a DC you have to respect that leaves room for allowing other players that while they are good aren’t able to score in one play. For example the reason why Agholor was able to have the year that he had is that he wasn’t seeing any real coverage because of all the attention ruggs was getting.

I also believe that the reason why waller had a year he had was because he wasn’t the fastest person on the team so while he was getting bracket in and double teamed there was still that natural safety over the top because of ruggs that allowed him to only have to be the linebackers which is a cakewalk for somebody of his athleticism

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is just because someone can catch the ball deep doesn’t make them a deep threat. The thing with ruggs is if you put one person on him regardless of who the player is there’s a chance that he could score on one play just because of his ability to run right by you. 

if you’re a DC you have to respect that leaves room for allowing other players that while they are good aren’t able to score in one play. For example the reason why Agholor was able to have the year that he had is that he wasn’t seeing any real coverage because of all the attention ruggs was getting.

I also believe that the reason why waller had a year he had was because he wasn’t the fastest person on the team so while he was getting bracket in and double teamed there was still that natural safety over the top because of ruggs that allowed him to only have to be the linebackers which is a cakewalk for somebody of his athleticism

Who was our other deep threat outside of Ruggs last season?