The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

assuming this is accurate, big disappointment is Stills

not a bad list.. Glad we were able to keep Ragas, Turner.. they look like NFL players. I always liked Madre Harper, glad we added him. He's big, seems like he would fit in the cover 3 scheme. Only guys who suck that made it are Hamilton and Richardson. Both guys looked horrible

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This coaching staff just wasn’t a good fit. He’s a man to man corner. He needed a fresh start and gets to go back to Texas 

I think he could've fit in the scheme as a 6'2" corner/former WR convert with long arms and 4.4 speed. That's basically what Bradley looks for in his scheme. Biggest issue for him is that he hasn't ever been able to stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

not a bad list.. Glad we were able to keep Ragas, Turner.. they look like NFL players. I always liked Madre Harper, glad we added him. He's big, seems like he would fit in the cover 3 scheme. Only guys who suck that made it are Hamilton and Richardson. Both guys looked horrible

Disagree about Richardson. I thought he looked pretty solid.

If you follow the tape down lie guys, BD Williams did a couple of breakdowns from preseason and shows some positive plays he made. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Anybody know if he's any good at right tackle?

He's huge at 6'9" 310, IIRC he played OG at Stanford and then OT during his final season at Duke. He didn't look very good from what I saw during the preseason but he has the size and frame you'd look for in a developmental player. We gave him a pretty big UDFA bonus so bringing him back was almost a guarantee. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

David DeCastro, David Sharpe, and KJ Wright would all be excellent additions for us. 

Realistically I'd probably just want to bring in another guard, DeCastro would be an amazing addition because Good can always slide out to RT if needed. 

to sign more guys, money is going to be an issue. if we want to bring anybody in, we're probably going to have to make another cut. or just give carr a small restructure (push some money over to next year... where we are already well below the cap)

Edited by Turnobili

15 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

to sign more guys, money is going to be an issue. if we want to bring anybody in, we're probably going to have to make another cut. or just give carr a small restructure (push some money over to next year... where we are already well below the cap)

Cut Richard and carry one of the other RB.

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Realistically I'd probably just want to bring in another guard, DeCastro would be an amazing addition because Good can always slide out to RT if needed. 

I bet you anything they're thinking is that Nick Martin can play guard if someone goes down