The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vinny agrees. Too bad because he saved us that Charger game. Still has tons of potential. I don't think he'll be out of a job long.

Yeh, it is disappointing because I think pretty much we all can see the potential hidden in there but he's never managed to stay healthy and deliver on that potential. Sometimes a change of scenery can work wonders but it'll be a shame if he puts it together elsewhere of course!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've already seen a few pop up. 

The Packers let St. Brown walk. I'd take a flyer on him over keeping Snead or Brown. 

Hopefully we're looking for an Olineman to be a tough cut as we need some help there at depth I feel.

53 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Johnson was a H/W/S project... he's now 3 years in, 25 yo, and wasn't close. not sure what the appeal is anymore. draft another h/w/s guy and develop again.

People liked him on draft day and are incapable of calling a spade a spade and moving on. 

Some people cling to picks worse than VanS clings to Josh Dobbs. 

By year 3, I tend to let go of hope because every year a new cropnis made available. I'm not waiting 4, 5 years for someone to rise to the top of an already weak and suspect unit. 

Johnson wasn't getting it done. Whether it's injury or not being able to stand out in the bowl of drizzling turds we've put on the field, it just wasn't happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

People liked him on draft day and are incapable of calling a spade a spade and moving on. 

Some people cling to picks worse than VanS clings to Josh Dobbs. 

By year 3, I tend to let go of hope because every year a new cropnis made available. I'm not waiting 4, 5 years for someone to rise to the top of an already weak and suspect unit. 

Johnson wasn't getting it done. Whether it's injury or not being able to stand out in the bowl of drizzling turds we've put on the field, it just wasn't happening. 

i have no problem with h/w/s prospects on day 3. but if they dont pan out, they dont pan out. thats why you willingly spend day 3 picks on projects. where we've gone wrong is also using day 2 picks on projects like that

• Like 2