2021 Cuts Tracker

packfanfb

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Something we as fans tend to forget every year...

Fringe players are also role players... these types are very much picked based on very team specific metrics, that vary wildly between teams.

Like look at New England... they claim a RB from navy, who was with Miami. Objectively is Patrick Taylor better than that guy? Probably. But is he better for New England? Clearly no. That RB also has been in camp with a former New England coach and likely have a jump on how bill likes things done...

It’s not as simple as... player A is better than player B.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Fringe players are also role players... these types are very much picked based on very team specific metrics, that vary wildly between teams.

Like look at New England... they claim a RB from navy, who was with Miami. Objectively is Patrick Taylor better than that guy? Probably. But is he better for New England? Clearly no. That RB also has been in camp with a former New England coach and likely have a jump on how bill likes things done...

It’s not as simple as... player A is better than player B.

Agreed, New England was able to unload Sony Michel because they drafted Rhamondre Stevenson and drafted Damien Harris who stole snaps from Michel towards the end of the year. Patrick Taylor is in that mold, whereas Malcolm Perry is more of a speed/scat back. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   I’d keep Patrick Taylor, Bronson Kaufusi, Ray Wilborn, Stephen Denmark and Christian Uphoff as the final 5 on the PS and call it a day.

///

Does Kaufusi actually look to have what it takes to replace Lewis?

I agree with Kruse all the way, but as much as I'd like to invest in Kaufusi, he IS 30 and blocking TE's quietly come a dime-a-dozen. Glad we kept Winfree and Braden as well.

36 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Keeping Molson is probably so they have a kicker in case Crosby gets Covid. 

He provides the beer from his family beer baron relatives (Molson Beer)  He isnt going anywhere, at least until after Octoberfest.   ☺️

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman  -     No Uphoff on the p/s is prob the most surprising.

How does Herman know?  Haven't only like half of the PS guys been announced?  

I'm still interested in Coy Cronk.  

I'm curious that they signed Anderson to the PS.  he's 25 already, and has been waived by a handful of teams more than a handful of times.  wouldn't seem likely to have a lot of untapped potential.

I imagine PS is a confluence or purposes.  Obviously one is for developmental guys who might be good later.  Other is to have a stock of anit-awful depth guys as injury-insurance.  

5 minutes ago, craig said:

How does Herman know?  Haven't only like half of the PS guys been announced?  

I'm still interested in Coy Cronk.  

I'm curious that they signed Anderson to the PS.  he's 25 already, and has been waived by a handful of teams more than a handful of times.  wouldn't seem likely to have a lot of untapped potential.

I imagine PS is a confluence or purposes.  Obviously one is for developmental guys who might be good later.  Other is to have a stock of anit-awful depth guys as injury-insurance.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How does everyone know who is vaccinated and not ha

Not official, but if you see a player wearing a mask, probably a good sign they aren't vaxed because they are required to wear a mask before/after practice. 

Dexter always wore a mask. 

FWIW, Z seems to always be wearing one as well, so he may not be vaxed. 

• Like 2