2021 Cuts Tracker

packfanfb

31 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Sorry but I'm still not satisfied with our DL depth.  Keke is injury prone, Kenny is getting worn down because of the crazy amount of snaps he has to play, now these groin injuries keep flaring up. Slaton and Heflin are rookies, not looking for them to make a big impact this season. If we're going all in let's do it!  At least upgrade Lancaster or Bring someone like Pennel in on a vet minimum.

The desire to bring in old marginal players will never end for some. Little newsflash, current Pennel isn't any better than current Lancaster. 

Last season I felt our OL depth was our biggest strength.

This year with Linsley, Taylor and Wagner gone it just doesn't quite feel as secure despite heavy investment in the position drafting Myers, Newman, Runyan, Van Lanen, Hanson and bringing in Kelly, Braden, Cronk. As well as Nijman who is essentially untested at NFL level.

The whole OL has group has been churned over. Bakhtiari injury certainly didn't help but one would hope our depth will see us though but for the most part the group is fairly unknown and untested at NFL level. We're relying on Turner and Patrick to provide a steady hand to a group of inexperienced OL. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

I am curious to see how the inexperienced OL holds up over the next few weeks. If this group shines then I guarantee you Stenavich will be coordinator somewhere next year.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I want someone to tell me with all sincerity that there's not a better street FA option out there better than Lancaster. 

There's no better street FA option out there than Lancaster.  He's a guy you can give snaps to that's not gonna embarrass himself and will occasionally make a play in the run game.  Interior DL is one of the toughest spots to fill in the NFL right now, you aren't finding borderline starters wandering the streets.  Every team needs more DL, and anyone who can rush the passer and weighs at least 300 lbs is rostered.

The Packers will add a D-Lineman at this point this season more than likely, and the same goes for every team at numerous positions.  Rosters are in flux every single week.  Not nearly as likely but the trade deadline is still a long ways away as well.  If Keke takes a step and a half and the rookie and rotate in we just may be more than ok.  With health on our side as always.

1 minute ago, R T said:

The guy made one tackle in 8 games last season. Just another old worn out player. Big name, no game. 

How is that even logically possible?

A team typically rush the ball about 30 times a game. That's 240 rushes in 8 games and Atkins only made tackle. Doesn't smell right.

The only reasonable conclusion is he must've been exclusively only in obvious passing downs. Just rush the passer, nothing else.