Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

The only thing that makes me feel ok is that so many other teams blew it too this first week. 

No more prominent then Green Bay. Might actually overshadow out lost. 

But it is only one game. But it sets a bad tone for the year. 

Don't just lose a game. But got boat raced. 

I think it really speaks to how little faith this staff has in Quesenberry that even after the first two sacks by Chandler Jones, we still constantly slid help to the right, even when Jones was lined up on the left. Even when one player is single-handedly destroying the game plan, we’re still prioritizing helping Ques over chipping Jones.

As obvious as resigning Conklin seems in hindsight, it’s the Kelly move that continues to baffle. Because no hindsight is needed to understand how ridiculous of a decision it was to essentially swap Kelly’s salary for Lamm’s.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think it really speaks to how little faith this staff has in Quesenberry that even after the first two sacks by Chandler Jones, we still constantly slid help to the right, even when Jones was lined up on the left. Even when one player is single-handedly destroying the game plan, we’re still prioritizing helping Ques over chipping Jones.

As obvious as resigning Conklin seems in hindsight, it’s the Kelly move that continues to baffle. Because no hindsight is needed to understand how ridiculous of a decision it was to essentially swap Kelly’s salary for Lamm’s.

people love to defend the guy but robinson (and vrabel, who i'm sure is also part of these decisions) deserves heavy, heavy criticism for crippling us at extremely important positions year in and year out.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

people love to defend the guy but robinson (and vrabel, who i'm sure is also part of these decisions) deserves heavy, heavy criticism for crippling us at extremely important positions year in and year out.

On that note, our top 3 picks combined for 13 snaps and our fourth rounder didn’t even make the roster. So that’s good.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Titans wasted a prime chance to really get the city into a frenzy about them. 

So many signs. So many fans were out. 67000 in the place and majority were Titans fans for once. 

And we didn't kay an egg. We killed the chicken and burned the body before an egg could even be formed. 

The thing is, I feel this is a recurring theme over the years. We have a big game, the players encourage the fans to come out to support them, the team lays an egg. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't know if I'm reading this right. Are you saying we should have slid help to Lewan or shouldn't have?

Quesenberry wasn't the issue, it was Lewan that was getting whipped.  
Maybe you saying Ques was so bad that they kept helping him and neglecting a struggling Lewan?

I still am ok with not bringing back Conklin given what we were doing that off-season. We were bringing back Tannehill and Henry on big deals if i'm not mistaken. Then tried to do something in FA with Beasley and Clowney.

Let Henry or Tannehill walk and bring back Conklin? I don't know if it was that simple, but i'm sure their contracts played into it. 

Kelly is a headscratcher but he wasn't a stone wall. I do think he would have done better tho. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't know if I'm reading this right. Are you saying we should have slid help to Lewan or shouldn't have?

Quesenberry wasn't the issue, it was Lewan that was getting whipped.  
Maybe you saying Ques was so bad that they kept helping him and neglecting a struggling Lewan?

I still am ok with not bringing back Conklin given what we were doing that off-season. We were bringing back Tannehill and Henry on big deals if i'm not mistaken. Then tried to do something in FA with Beasley and Clowney.

Let Henry or Tannehill walk and bring back Conklin? I don't know if it was that simple, but i'm sure their contracts played into it. 

Kelly is a headscratcher but he wasn't a stone wall. I do think he would have done better tho. 

We kept sliding help to Q. Even when Chandler Jones was abusing Lewan (and Lamm), we kept chipping and having the back help on the right and leaving Jones on an island. That’s how little confidence the staff has in Q, even when Lewan desperately needed help, we still judged Q to be the bigger liability.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

We kept sliding help to Q. Even when Chandler Jones was abusing Lewan (and Lamm), we kept chipping and having the back help on the right and leaving Jones on an island. That’s how little confidence the staff has in Q, even when Lewan desperately needed help, we still judged Q to be the bigger liability.

Q has no business starting in the NFL

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know we scored a lot points last year and we looked good doing it a lot of the time.

But is our offense a problem?  Should we be throwing it around 50 times a game?

We should be throwing to set up the run. If team’s want to stack the box right out the gate (like Arizona did today), come out and attack them outside and down field. I had kind of hoped that was the point of the Julio trade. Force teams to play two-deep and then bludgeon them with Henry. And when they start creeping back up, hit them with the PA. 

We did the Cardinals a giant favor by plowing into crowded boxes and only throwing on obvious passing downs for the first 20+ minutes.