Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

realistically, it's a long season and it's tough to imagine we won't see a lot of these things get tightened up, especially on offense. probably shouldn't understate the impact of half of our OL coming off covid + lewan's ACL. but we have a really tough schedule and don't really have the wiggle room to take a lot of time to figure this mess out, and there's a LOT to figure out. for a team that was supposed to have super bowl aspirations this year, they're going to need to mount a hell of a turnaround, and i don't know if they have it in them.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A bad game isn't indicative of a team sucking or not being a contender. We made it to the AFC title game in 19 with the bad game vs Carolina. Won the division last year despite the bad game vs Cinci. As noted in this thread, Tampa got blown out week 1 last year. 2019 Chiefs lost to the Brissett Colts. 2018 Patriots lost by 2+ scores to both the Jaguars and the Lions. We also beat them pretty bad.

This team will bounce back. How much it bounces back and how much changes is what will determine if we're true contenders or not.

Did I say 1 time we’re a bad team 🤔 I said once again same ole Titans we're mediocre we never a clear consistent winning team, that comes off as a legit contender. Even when we went to the AFC championship game we were 9-7 for what the 3rd yr in a row & we constantly lost games we should’ve won. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Did I say 1 time we’re a bad team 🤔 I said once again same ole Titans we're mediocre we never a clear consistent winning team, that comes off as a legit contender. Even when we went to the AFC championship game we were 9-7 for what the 3rd yr in a row & we constantly lost games we should’ve won. 

Okay, replace bad with mediocre and it still refutes your point. Heading in to today we were 18-8 with Tannehill starting. The only games we lost with Tannehill starting in 2019 was against Carolina, Houston and New Orleans.(And KC in the playoffs counting that). The only game we lost that we "should have won" was Carolina. Houston and New Orleans were both division winning playoff teams.

Bad day 

Just have to turn the page 

I have a ton of thoughts going through my head but I don’t want to over react

Cardinals punched us in the mouth plain and simple 

I don’t expect our O-Line to be this bad 

There’s a lot of guys shaking of rust 

Lewan did leave and come back 

Dupree was there a few times but just couldn’t finish 

I have bigger thoughts and worries about some of Vrabels philosophies but that could be saved for a different thread 

Wish Farley got in sooner than he did 

Tannehill took a beating but there where a few times where he could have been better 

Early conservative play-calling and terrible protection did not help Tanne in any way shape or form. Not to mention some drops. And I am definitely on the Tanne needs to elevate his play train to push us to another level. But today was absolutely not his fault. Could he have made some better decisions protecting the ball, sure, but you can’t totally blame him he was probably seeing ghosts out there.

First three possessions. 1st down handoffs, no play action. Unacceptable. Can’t be that vanilla and expect to win against a front seven like that. We let Jones basically tee off with his driver the first three possessions. We have to get away from that mentality. Super bone headed. It will drive this offense into the ground.

I am definitely not worried about Henry, he just needs decent blocking. And better play calling.

In the darkness and poo poo of all today, I see spots on defense where we can be better. I think we need time to jell. Lotta new heads. And guys making young man mistakes. 

Honestly though, my biggest worry is the offensive line. That’s the worst I have seen them look since the Mariota days. 

We can be better. Here’s to hoping it happens. Cheers mates. It’s good to be back in season.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Started off 5-0 in GDT’s last season lol

NASHVILLE – This much we know for sure after Sunday: The Titans aren't going undefeated.

OK, we also know this: A whole lot of improvements are needed after an abysmal performance in Week One.

The Titans got off to a brutal start in the regular season opener against the Arizona Cardinals, and things never got any better in a 38-13 loss before 67,216 fans at Nissan Stadium.

Offensively, the Titans had trouble protecting quarterback Ryan Tannehill, and the football.

Defensively, the Titans had trouble getting off the field, and keeping the Cardinals from scoring.

On special teams, the Titans had miscues in the kicking game.

It all added up to an ugly loss to start the season.

After the Cardinals took a 3-0 lead on a 34-yard field goal by kicker Matt Prater, things got worse in a hurry.

On Tennessee's next play, Tannehill was sacked by Cardinals linebacker Chandler Jones, and he lost the ball in the process. Arizona's Corey Peters recovered it and returned in to the one-yard line. Then, Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray connected with receiver DeAndre Hopkins for a five-yard touchdown to give Arizona a 10-0 lead with 8:11 left in the first quarter.

It was a sign of things to come.

The Cardinals made it 17-0 with 10:59 left in the second quarter another Murray-to-Hopkins touchdown toss, this one from 17 yards out.

The Titans, meanwhile, struggled to get anything going on offense, as Tannehill was sacked three times early, and running back Derrick Henry found little room to run until the second half, when things were one-sided. Tannehill was sacked five times in the contest by Jones, and six times overall.

The Titans finally got something going midway through the second quarter, and they capped on an 11-play, 75-yard scoring drive with a one-yard touchdown run by Tannehill. The PAT was missed by new kicker Michael Badgley, however, so it was 17-6 Cardinals with 6:50 left in the second quarter.Y

But the good vibes didn't last long, as the Cardinals took the ball straight down the field and stretched the lead to 24-6 on a two-yard touchdown run by Murray. To make matters worse, Badgley missed a 46-yard field goal in the waning seconds of the first half, and the Cardinals led 24-6 at the break.

The Titans started the second half with some fire, sparked by safety Kevin Byard's interception in Arizona territory.

The Titans quickly turned that into points, as Tannehill connected with receiver A.J. Brown for a 13-yard touchdown to cut the lead to 24-13 with 12:55 remaining in the third quarter.

But once again, it fizzled quickly, as the Cardinals drove the field again and scored on a 26-yard touchdown pass from Murray to Christian Kirk to make it 31-13 with 10:40 left in the third quarter.

After another Tannehill sack and fumble, the Cardinals were in business once again late in the third quarter.

And, once again, they cashed it in for points, this time with an 11-yard touchdown pass from Tannehill to Kirk, which made it 38-13.

The Titans travel to Seattle to face the Seahawks next Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Arthur Smith only put up 6 points today if anyone was wondering 

Todays biggest fail was O-Line

Smith Dowling LaFleur or anyone else you might of wanted wasn’t going to help this O-Line

Titans created cap space, curious if they try and sign a RT

Badgley was a disaster just cut him and try Bulluck 

They way this line played no OC was gonna really do well. 

Not shocked we lost. Just shocked by getting dominated. 

Badgley might as well keep going after the game. No need to talk to anyone. Go head and go to the airport. 

• Like 1