MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Disagree. Ruggs/Edwards were both non-factors throughout the game but made big plays late. To me that's a huge step in the right direction because it shows that Carr trusts them enough to throw them the ball in clutch situations even when they weren't having great games up to that point. Ruggs had 2 receptions for 46 yards on the drive that we tied the game 24-24. And Edwards had 0 catches with 37 seconds left and ended up with 4 catches/84 yards. 

With Good going down we had Simpson, James, Eluemunor, and Leatherwood up front. I think it was pretty obvious that the game plan was to get the ball out quick so those guys weren't getting beat and for Carr to just take care of the football. When the game came down to the wire we took shots down field and ended up winning.

Exactly. They were a factor with the game on the line. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our passing game looked rusty. As the game went on we definitely started to take shots. 

Yep. It was trash to begin with and Carr looked bad, then he got it together. If the OL can hold up, him and Ruggs/Edwards will continue to develop downfield chemistry. Hell even Zay Jones looked good.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

It really looked like Josh Jacobs wasn’t hitting the holes with the burst like he usually does

According to PFF (which I know isn't end all be all):

Kolton Miller: 84.6 (4/68 OT)

John Simpson: 54.8 (45/65 OG)

Andre James: 35.6 (32/32 C)

Jermaine Eluemunor: 65.4 (21/65 OG)

Alex Leatherwood: 39.4 (68/68 OT) 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Thank you for establishing that PFF is not the end all be all. i’m waiting for the film to come out so I can post eventually what I saw in terms of Jacobs not really hitting the hole as hard as he usually does because of what looks like turf toe. I know he scored two touchdowns so it’s going to cause people to disagree but he didn’t look like he should’ve been out there TBH

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So basically hot garbage? It wasn't that bad. They're tripping. Leatherwood didn't play well but he didnt' play bad either. That was a brutal matchup. Watt is too. He is very talented and will get better. Same with Moehrig.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

So basically hot garbage? It wasn't that bad. They're tripping. Leatherwood didn't play well but he didnt' play bad either. That was a brutal matchup. Watt is too. He is very talented and will get better. Same with Moehrig.

The run blocking was not very good and the Ravens get most of their pass rush via blitzes. Will be a huge test going against Watt and Tuitt this week because they will be able to generate pressure with 4. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The run blocking was not very good and the Ravens get most of their pass rush via blitzes. Will be a huge test going against Watt and Tuitt this week because they will be able to generate pressure with 4. 

This is a bigger concern honestly. If we can run the ball and hold up protection, it's a winnable game. Could go either way.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yes and no. Yes they have the talent to rush with four. No because they going to blitz anyway lol

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Thank you for establishing that PFF is not the end all be all. i’m waiting for the film to come out so I can post eventually what I saw in terms of Jacobs not really hitting the hole as hard as he usually does because of what looks like turf toe. I know he scored two touchdowns so it’s going to cause people to disagree but he didn’t look like he should’ve been out there TBH

Jacobs had 10 carries for 34 yards (3.4 ypc) with 15 yards coming on 1 carry, Drake had 6 carries fo 11 yards (1.8 ypc) with 6 yards coming on 1 carry.