MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs had 10 carries for 34 yards (3.4 ypc) with 15 yards coming on 1 carry, Drake had 6 carries fo 11 yards (1.8 ypc) with 6 yards coming on 1 carry. 

I’m giving the ball to the more spry back every time. Plus it’s a 17 game season so we don’t want to see Jacobs get hurt even more than years. Plus we are paying Drake 7 million a year 

48 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

(Gets open twice a game)

See guys! He's a legit #1! Just wait!

1. The reality is that if the ball is thrown to him and he catches it for a TD he would’ve gone for over 100 yards. 

2. He can’t control if he gets the ball thrown to him 

3. Those weren’t the only times that he got open 

Edited by Jeremy408

41 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. The reality is that if the ball is thrown to him and he catches it for a TD he would’ve gone for over 100 yards. 

2. He can’t control if he gets the ball thrown to him 

3. Those weren’t the only times that he got open 

1. The reality is that if Norwood doesn't shank the ball to the right, Buffalo wins the Superbowl. But he did, and they didn't. 

2-3. Nope, he can't. Better route running, which is TBD, will help that. But right now, I'm seeing him get pushed around by grown men. Unless he has more time than the NFL will give him to get wide open, he's not getting separation and goes down on first contact. I wouldn't throw the ball his way in situations that require tough YAC or on routes that are in traffic. One trick pony has blazing speed and needs to build it all up to make a difference. Everyone complains about his lack of usage or how he's used, but dude is getting routinely outplayed by 3rd, 5th, and 6th rounders and other teams' sloppy seconds. People are starting to give him the same excuses they gave Ferrell for why the lack of production is there. All I'm saying is get ready for another Cooper deal, where he's unused for whatever reason, and gets replaced by someone who is more productive despite the lack of pedigree or athletic skill. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. The reality is that if Norwood doesn't shank the ball to the right, Buffalo wins the Superbowl. But he did, and they didn't. 

2-3. Nope, he can't. Better route running, which is TBD, will help that. But right now, I'm seeing him get pushed around by grown men. Unless he has more time than the NFL will give him to get wide open, he's not getting separation and goes down on first contact. I wouldn't throw the ball his way in situations that require tough YAC or on routes that are in traffic. One trick pony has blazing speed and needs to build it all up to make a difference. Everyone complains about his lack of usage or how he's used, but dude is getting routinely outplayed by 3rd, 5th, and 6th rounders and other teams' sloppy seconds. People are starting to give him the same excuses they gave Ferrell for why the lack of production is there. All I'm saying is get ready for another Cooper deal, where he's unused for whatever reason, and gets replaced by someone who is more productive despite the lack of pedigree or athletic skill. 

1. But what about when he’s running down the field and nobody’s covering him and he doesn’t get the ball for what would be a touchdown?

2. It’s pretty clear that early in the game Derek Carr(Who I completely support by the way) was not seeing the field that hampered The offenses ability to get going and multiple receivers including ruggs who I’m sure plays were drawn up for had missed opportunities. I’m a case by case kind of person. So say next week Ruggs(Who I also support) can’t get open, I call a spade a Spade. But that wasn’t the case this week. I think it’s pretty obvious what an impact on the game against one of the harder defenses in the league. He didn’t play the Bucs depleted secondary that already was questionable to begin with or say The Bengals that have no secondary other than bates. 

3. I don’t anticipate another Cooper deal just due to the fact that the Cooper issue was simple: he’s not worth 20 million. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. But what about when he’s running down the field and nobody’s covering him and he doesn’t get the ball for what would be a touchdown?

2. It’s pretty clear that early in the game Derek Carr(Who I completely support by the way) was not seeing the field that hampered The offenses ability to get going and multiple receivers including ruggs who I’m sure plays were drawn up for had missed opportunities. I’m a case by case kind of person. So say next week Ruggs(Who I also support) can’t get open, I call a spade a Spade. But that wasn’t the case this week. I think it’s pretty obvious what an impact on the game against one of the harder defenses in the league. He didn’t play the Bucs depleted secondary that already was questionable to begin with or say The Bengals that have no secondary other than bates. 

3. I don’t anticipate another Cooper deal just due to the fact that the Cooper issue was simple: he’s not worth 20 million. 

1. My point. He's either WIDE open, laughably so even, or bust. DHB did that a time or two as well. 

2. No doubt Carr wasn't on point early. As for the Ravens D, their secondary wasn't their typical 1st unit either, but whatever. Fair play on the calling spades after next week. I can live with that.

3. By Cooper deal, I mean a few years of "WhY dOnT tHeY gIvE hIm ThE bAlL mOrE?" for the arbitrary reason of manufacturing touches and wanting the more proven guy (Carr) gone because there's a fetish for anything Alabama and anything related to it must clearly be perfect and misused of it isn't the greatest thing ever.

44 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. My point. He's either WIDE open, laughably so even, or bust. DHB did that a time or two as well. 

2. No doubt Carr wasn't on point early. As for the Ravens D, their secondary wasn't their typical 1st unit either, but whatever. Fair play on the calling spades after next week. I can live with that.

3. By Cooper deal, I mean a few years of "WhY dOnT tHeY gIvE hIm ThE bAlL mOrE?" for the arbitrary reason of manufacturing touches and wanting the more proven guy (Carr) gone because there's a fetish for anything Alabama and anything related to it must clearly be perfect and misused of it isn't the greatest thing ever.

Actually DHB laughably wasn’t even good at being a deep threat Lolol 

with the ravens , They are one of the few teams where losing a starting corner back doesn’t affect them like it would affect other teams because of how many good corners they have and the fact that they have a corner deck and literally play all three positions. So while yeah that’s true they lost one of their starting corners They have a surplus at the position. I personally believe that the Steelers DBs won’t be as good as what they faced in Baltimore. However the pass rush will be better for sure. 

with Cooper I’ve never liked him so I can say realistically but why doesn’t he get the ball comes from the fact that he actually gets shut down unless he’s playing the number two or three corner. it’s why they drafted cd lamb after paying Cooper 20 million(it’s the only reason why I team with the defense as bad as there’s was would do that. Cooper literally never gets double teamed.

Edited by Jeremy408

Y’all see hr3 and carr arguing right before that deep shot carr threw to hr3 when he caught a cramp or something. I thought hr3 muscled up in the off-season I remember people gushing over his baseball photos. He needs better technique to get off the line he gets jammed way too easily. He has track speed not game speed imo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Y’all see hr3 and carr arguing right before that deep shot carr threw to hr3 when he caught a cramp or something. I thought hr3 muscled up in the off-season I remember people gushing over his baseball photos. He needs better technique to get off the line he gets jammed way too easily. He has track speed not game speed imo

It just look like he tripped to me

• Like 1

Y’all can argue back and forth but it’s inexcusable for Carr to not see Ruggs there. That is Carr locked in on Waller and no one else. That’s the issue and has been the issue.  Can’t give these WRs chances when even when they’re open they don’t get the ball. That safety committed to Wallers route and the CB that was on Ruggs bailed on his coverage to man up Waller. Pocket was clean no excuses there. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Y’all can argue back and forth but it’s inexcusable for Carr to not see Ruggs there. That is Carr locked in on Waller and no one else. That’s the issue and has been the issue.  Can’t give these WRs chances when even when they’re open they don’t get the ball. That safety committed to Wallers route and the CB that was on Ruggs bailed on his coverage to man up Waller. Pocket was clean no excuses there. 

Exactly we were all saying that during the game. It's pretty clear that their Carr improving as the game went on that ultimately led to the victory is completely synonymous with the fact that he started spreading the football around.

• Like 2