MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Damn, in single high safety D, Carr needs to see this. Ruggs running full speed even if the safety wasn’t moving in wrong way Ruggs should blow by. Damn!

100%. Carr played well in the 2nd half. He was off in the 1st half. He should look for these shots earlier, but idk if it's the progression or not. I think once he trusts the pass pro more, he'll take a little more time to look for these.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%. Carr played well in the 2nd half. He was off in the 1st half. He should look for these shots earlier, but idk if it's the progression or not. I think once he trusts the pass pro more, he'll take a little more time to look for these.

For sure and waller was open that play too, just wish when Ruggs was passing by waller around mid field carr would’ve seen it. 
he will get better. There was pressure on him a lot that game I thought

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I want to know how much of it is pleasing Gruden. 

Towards the end, Derek 100% audibled into a near perfect play call at a critical moment. I'm not saying give him the Brady treatment, but it does make me wonder how much Gruden holds us back with bad calls. 

That doesn't negate his poopoo performance in the 1st half, mind you. He was way off on throws. Dude would've had a 500+ yard day of he were more accurate early. But it does get me questioning play designs. 

• Like 1

Went to the game, was a great atmosphere. Stadium is beautiful! There were a lot of Ravens fans compared to opposing teams in Oakland which is what I was worried about, but the Nation was rockin! DC looked terrible in the first half and was pressing but settled down when it mattered most and dropped a few big time dimes. 22 come back wins! Defense looked good for the most part, if we can get that from them week to week we may have something. Maxx was a menace all game long. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Doesn't negate Ruggs being virtually nonexistent

Disagree. Ruggs/Edwards were both non-factors throughout the game but made big plays late. To me that's a huge step in the right direction because it shows that Carr trusts them enough to throw them the ball in clutch situations even when they weren't having great games up to that point. Ruggs had 2 receptions for 46 yards on the drive that we tied the game 24-24. And Edwards had 0 catches with 37 seconds left and ended up with 4 catches/84 yards. 

With Good going down we had Simpson, James, Eluemunor, and Leatherwood up front. I think it was pretty obvious that the game plan was to get the ball out quick so those guys weren't getting beat and for Carr to just take care of the football. When the game came down to the wire we took shots down field and ended up winning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He'll be fine. He definitely was not nonexistent. Put Marlon Humphrey on 90% of the receivers in the league and that will happen. Including Lamb (who I really like) and Jeudy (likewise).

Our passing game looked rusty. As the game went on we definitely started to take shots. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Disagree. Ruggs/Edwards were both non-factors throughout the game but made big plays late. To me that's a huge step in the right direction because it shows that Carr trusts them enough to throw them the ball in clutch situations even when they weren't having great games up to that point. Ruggs had 2 receptions for 46 yards on the drive that we tied the game 24-24. And Edwards had 0 catches with 37 seconds left and ended up with 4 catches/84 yards. 

With Good going down we had Simpson, James, Eluemunor, and Leatherwood up front. I think it was pretty obvious that the game plan was to get the ball out quick so those guys weren't getting beat and for Carr to just take care of the football. When the game came down to the wire we took shots down field and ended up winning.

My whole thing with car is that was what I want to see you this year in terms of what do you do when the office of line is not highly compensated and you're drown against a good defense that never loses from behind. He answered the bell and the receiver is followed suit when it counted.

Will they do that consistently that's some thing that we're gonna have to see. But what we can't do as we can't ignore the impact that both receivers had in the game along with Renfrow. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Will they do that consistently that's some thing that we're gonna have to see. But what we can't do as we can't ignore the impact that both receivers had in the game along with Renfrow. 

Yeah, Renfrow, Ruggs, Edwards, and Jacobs all came up big for us in key moments.