2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've talked myself in and our of a QB. 
In this NFL, if you don't believe a guy can be the guy then you shouldn't draft in hopes of making him a guy. 
So many of these QBs need development that just isn't afforded in the league anymore. 

I’ve been rooting for Ridder if we go that route because it’s likely we can get him without having to use our first pick. If we trade back, or are able to use pick 90, I am totally on board with spending an early pick on QB.

12 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You’re basically saying what I’m saying but your kinda not getting it. Drafting a QB screams this season is a waste & we’re planning for the future not to win now.

It absolutely doesn’t. We’re a team already pretty well built to win now. The Packers took a QB in the first a few years ago, and no one said “welp, I guess they’re just giving up on the season.”

That’s an overreaction stoked by bad journalism.

• Like 2

I don’t think drafting a QB is punting the season, I think it’s being smart and proactive.

If they view any of these guys as a potential franchise QB then they shouldn’t hesitate to draft him. My biggest fear is where we’re overpaying a old, average QB that’ll handicap us cap wise (ex. Falcons) or in no man’s land where we don’t have a longterm QB or a good QB on a rookie deal (ex. Colts).

With the looming contract extensions of AJ, Big Jeff and potentially Amani Hooker, plus Tannehill’s contract/the contract he’ll demand once his current one runs out, it’s best to get a head start on the QB succession plan.

Of course all this is dependent on them viewing any of these guys in this draft as franchise QBs. I’m not saying draft one just to draft one. That’s how you end up with Jake Locker.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You’re basically saying what I’m saying but your kinda not getting it. Drafting a QB screams this season is a waste & we’re planning for the future not to win now. Yes I understand the Julio injury situation which is why you don’t want to put too much on a 30 yr old WR coming off an ACL. RT is only as good as his supporting cast he needs weapons.. we go QB it’s basically his last yr & you’re telling him that 

Redd some of your posts scream confidence when you make little to no sense. The draft is more than a 1st round pick. Also team building for sustained success is to draft the replacement a year early rather than a year late. They were 1st seed last year, they haven't gotten worse significantly. It's not a throw away season, that's similar thought process with the 49ers game last year just let them win because we clearly have no shot. Again I see the pick being OT is that also a throw away season? Is the only way we aren't punting the 22 season away by selecting a WR in the 1st? 

On 4/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, TitanSS said:

I could see a world where he is an NFL starter. I just see the most likely world as the one where the 10th-15th best WR shoots up the board after the combine probably isn't the best pick to invest in.

That’s the draft for you guys get drafted also based on upside a lot you do remember Chris Johnson was slated to be a 2nd rd pick & considered undersized to be starting RB at his position & we all went crazy the fact we drafted a RB in the 1st rd after lendale rushed for a 1k yrds & the yr before we took Chris Henry in the 2nd round. 🤷🏽‍♂️

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’ve been rooting for Ridder if we go that route because it’s likely we can get him without having to use our first pick. If we trade back, or are able to use pick 90, I am totally on board with spending an early pick on QB.

It absolutely doesn’t. We’re a team already pretty well built to win now. The Packers took a QB in the first a few years ago, and no one said “welp, I guess they’re just giving up on the season.”

Listen the packers drafted a QB because they were sick of Rodgers Antics who was fed up with the front office old GM Ted Thompson who Rodgers felt wasted the prime of his career not surrounding him with talent. Thompson didn’t believe in spending money through FA & that you build your team through the draft. Rodgers was demanding to be the highest paid QB & he wanted a Clause in his contract that kept him paid top 3 every yr the salary cap raises. Your theory isn’t  wrong though I just don’t see it that way due to the fact RT, isn’t A Rod type talent. We draft a QB more than likely he’s going to sit a yr, J Rob is on record RT is our guy & he needs weapons, if you don’t get him any help you contradict yourself as an organization. & that’s a sign we’re building for the future not to contend, because every AFC super bowl contender has some what this offseason ? Gotten their QB weapons. It’s going to be WR or OL my gut feeling 

Edited by TitanRedd

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Redd some of your posts scream confidence when you make little to no sense. The draft is more than a 1st round pick. Also team building for sustained success is to draft the replacement a year early rather than a year late. They were 1st seed last year, they haven't gotten worse significantly. It's not a throw away season, that's similar thought process with the 49ers game last year just let them win because we clearly have no shot. Again I see the pick being OT is that also a throw away season? Is the only way we aren't punting the 22 season away by selecting a WR in the 1st? 

See my last post my guy that’s why I feel that way don’t want to repeat myself 😂 

@MdTitansFan56another thing you’re somewhat right about the purpose of the draft, however when you’re in title contention mode you do what makes sense for your franchise to win now when your team is a piece or 2 away. Yes we were the #1 seed last yr, but that was last yr next season we all have the same record as 31 other teams. What were the bengals record the yr before last yr & every team in the AFC has upgraded their roster. If you feel the draft is that important to building your franchise tell me when was the last time the rams used a 1st rd pick on someone 🤷🏽‍♂️ Makes no sense huh you in contention you’re in win now mode not playing it safe for your franchise future your window is small 

50 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s the draft for you guys get drafted also based on upside a lot you do remember Chris Johnson was slated to be a 2nd rd pick & considered undersized to be starting RB at his position & we all went crazy the fact we drafted a RB in the 1st rd after lendale rushed for a 1k yrds & the yr before we took Chris Henry in the 2nd round. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I wouldn't use the front office that spent three consecutive first or second round picks on the least valuable position in football as an arguing point.

Sometimes "potential" pays off, but I wouldn't bet on the exception to the rule.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The idea of trading up for one of these QBs is where you completely lose me.

Yeah, I'm not a fan there. Herndon is a huge Ridder fan though so I'm sure he'd love it.

I will say I think anyone who thinks we can trade back and still get Ridder is crazy. I'd be surprised if he's still there at 26.

34 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

@MdTitansFan56another thing you’re somewhat right about the purpose of the draft, however when you’re in title contention mode you do what makes sense for your franchise to win now when your team is a piece or 2 away. Yes we were the #1 seed last yr, but that was last yr next season we all have the same record as 31 other teams. What were the bengals record the yr before last yr & every team in the AFC has upgraded their roster. If you feel the draft is that important to building your franchise tell me when was the last time the rams used a 1st rd pick on someone 🤷🏽‍♂️ Makes no sense huh you in contention you’re in win now mode not playing it safe for your franchise future your window is small 

I realize it's a new year new records and all that. My entire point is you use to whole draft to build the future, not just 1st rounder. So using a first for a big future need (QB or T) doesn't equal throwing the away the year. You can get a WR in the 3rd or trade back pick up a 2nd same thing. Also you using the Rams as an example to counter makes no sense. You're opinion draft a WR or season doesn't matter yet you say the Rams not having a 1st in however many years as a proof of your thinking. Teams build different Tennessee isn't using firsts to trade for veterans anytime soon. They used a 2nd on Julio and burnt them in the end. Rams are very aggressive in FA and the trade market. That's how they build our team has built through smart FA signings and the draft. Lewan was drafted with Roos still on the team. It's the same situation with T and QB this year. 

27 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan there. Herndon is a huge Ridder fan though so I'm sure he'd love it.

I will say I think anyone who thinks we can trade back and still get Ridder is crazy. I'd be surprised if he's still there at 26.

It's so hard to tell what is going to happen with the QBs in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised by anything. We could see alot off the board early or even the exact opposite. No teams feel committed to anyone.

30 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I realize it's a new year new records and all that. My entire point is you use to whole draft to build the future, not just 1st rounder. So using a first for a big future need (QB or T) doesn't equal throwing the away the year. You can get a WR in the 3rd or trade back pick up a 2nd same thing. Also you using the Rams as an example to counter makes no sense. You're opinion draft a WR or season doesn't matter yet you say the Rams not having a 1st in however many years as a proof of your thinking. Teams build different Tennessee isn't using firsts to trade for veterans anytime soon. They used a 2nd on Julio and burnt them in the end. Rams are very aggressive in FA and the trade market. That's how they build our team has built through smart FA signings and the draft. Lewan was drafted with Roos still on the team. It's the same situation with T and QB this year. 

You not getting it, I’m saying the rams new they were a piece away they went & drafted talent, they were in win now mode nor build for the future win now while the window is open in the prime of our cornerstone pieces career. Drafting a QB 1st round says you’re not committed to win now in contradicts what  you said, that Ryan is our QB we can win with him we have to surround better pieces around him. We don’t have a 2nd round pick all the good WR’s are 1st & 2nd round picks. Drafting a QB round 1 means your positioning yourself for life after Ryan Tannehill, sorry if we still can’t see each other point of views