2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Trevor Penning isn't it.

After seeing who's likely to be available it's Skyy Moore for me all the way. I like Johnson/Green too, but OGs will be easier to find later on than WR will be.

I think it's Green or Johnson. 
They probably pass on WR. 
OL then maybe best defensive player. 

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I assume we're either drafting Penning or Green. Just not what I think is the best option.

I'm not opposed to Green, but Penning is a liability whose getting too much credit for being "mean", often occuring after he's been beat.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I assume we're either drafting Penning or Green. Just not what I think is the best option.

I'm not opposed to Green, but Penning is a liability whose getting too much credit for being "mean", often occuring after he's been beat.

Penning is not good and he comes from a lower division. He would get abused by speed rushers and a good number of power rushers. 
I know there is technique that could clean things up but it's not like we have Munchack back there coaching him.
I hate OL in the 1st but I'll take Zion Johnson with open arms. I'll accept Green. 

Only QB I think we'd take is Ridder.

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

At this point, I'm just hoping for Johnson.  Starting to look like one of the top 5 WRs just won't be there at 26, and I think Johnson is a superior talent to any of the other OLs that are likely to be there.

Glass half full: having a stud LG immediately makes my concerns about the OL go away, and maybe we get more out of last year's rookies than we think.

Just now, Daniel said:

At this point, I'm just hoping for Johnson.  Starting to look like one of the top 5 WRs just won't be there at 26, and I think Johnson is a superior talent to any of the other OLs that are likely to be there.

Glass half full: having a stud LG immediately makes my concerns about the OL go away, and maybe we get more out of last year's rookies than we think.

I was listening to a podcast. Forgot who, but made a good point about a team like the Titans. 

While we all see areas we need improvement in or could use upgrades, we are a team that isn't looking for immediate starters on the roster.  We are looking for role players. Some with bigger roles than others but role players.

Example: WR.  We definitely could use another weapon, but starters AJ and Woods are there with capable (not popular) back up in NWI.  TE: Hooper with (not popular) Swaim and a few other guys on the roster last year still in the mix. 

Despite not getting anything from rookies Radunz and Farley, we still were #1 seed and won the division. Not a super bowl but still a great season. 

I say that to say, I think Robinson and company while like everyone wants an impact player in the draft, I think they think we are in a spot where rookies are going to be playing a role. 
I also think they think they have a "hidden/extra" 1st round pick in Farley since he missed the year. 

• Like 1

Turron Davenport mentioned that Vrabel said at the Combine that he didn't think Radunz was ready to start. I dunno what that means for this season or what context he said it in, but that's not encouraging when he's our only option at RT.

He has apparent strength issues when aren't exactly easy to overcome.

Edited by TitanSS

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Turron Davenport mentioned that Vrabel said at the Combine that he didn't think Radunz was ready to start. I dunno what that means for this season or what context he said it in, but that's not encouraging when he's our only option at RT.

He has apparent strength issues when aren't exactly easy to overcome.

The combine was like a month after the season ended. Radunz has a whole offseason to get ready. If he’s not starting week 1, the pick was a massive failure. Which brings me to my next point, here we are getting ready to use another high draft pick on an OL. Pathetic 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I was listening to a podcast. Forgot who, but made a good point about a team like the Titans. 

While we all see areas we need improvement in or could use upgrades, we are a team that isn't looking for immediate starters on the roster.  We are looking for role players. Some with bigger roles than others but role players.

Example: WR.  We definitely could use another weapon, but starters AJ and Woods are there with capable (not popular) back up in NWI.  TE: Hooper with (not popular) Swaim and a few other guys on the roster last year still in the mix. 

Despite not getting anything from rookies Radunz and Farley, we still were #1 seed and won the division. Not a super bowl but still a great season. 

I say that to say, I think Robinson and company while like everyone wants an impact player in the draft, I think they think we are in a spot where rookies are going to be playing a role. 
I also think they think they have a "hidden/extra" 1st round pick in Farley since he missed the year. 

Oh yeah.  Robinson has always been a guy who looks at what draft picks will do two years down the road primarily.  And in fairness, even with top tier prospects, you usually don't get a ton out of them as rookies.  But I also know that they'll start a rookie if he gives plus ability right out the gate, and will take a guy to fit immediate needs.

Obvious example is AJ Brown.

I do think the team expects to get some more out of last year's rookies than the fanbase as a whole probably expects.  Farley was a first rounder, he could be a stud already by next year, if he can stay on the field.  Radunz showed huge growth even within the season last year.  Either of them makes the gains you optimistically expect from high picks, they'll be plus contributors.

Monty Rice, Elijah Molden, and Rashad Weaver all showed something last year, and could all be contributors on defense this season.  I think they're the ones it's reasonable to most expect to be regular role players, and it should help make our defense better, regardless of how much Farley has improved.  Though I don't think any of them will be household names.

Dez Fitzpatrick, Racey McMath, and the UDFA skill position guys (Briley Moore and Tory Carter) are wild cards though.  Team seemed excited for them, then we got next to nothing out of them.  If any of them give us something, then it's kind of a bonus.  Either JRob or Vrabel (I forget which one) was saying that Dez grew a lot already in the offseason a few weeks ago, so maybe he turns into someone that can at least beat out the likes of NWI.

I mean, if we take a WR or OL in the first, I think they will almost certainly be expected to either start (OL) or play 35+ snaps per game (WR). If we take a WR that isn’t immediately better than NWI or an OL that isn’t immediately better than Aaron Brewer or Radunz, I’d view that as a spectacular failure.