2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I saw in today’s MMQB that Ridder most compares himself to Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariota and I’m now fully on board with drafting him because that’s hilarious.

Yeah in an interview while back he said those are guys he studies!  lol 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah in an interview while back he said those are guys he studies!  lol 

The idea of replacing the QB the fan base has turned on with a guy that models his game after our last two QBs that the fan base has turned on would just be so perfect lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The idea of replacing the QB the fan base has turned on with a guy that models his game after our last two QBs that the fan base has turned on would just be so perfect lol.

Which is why if he is there, then he will be our pick!  lol :) 

Said this back in January and I still stand by it.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:06 AM, TitanSlim said:

I’m with you here. I’m not exactly thrilled on using a 1st round pick with this QB group. And while everyone is upset and down on Tannehill, we can’t just forcefully draft a guy. That’s how you end up with the Jake Locker’s of the world. In fact this class reminds me of that 2011 QB class except there’s no Cam Newton here.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, TitanSlim said:

With all this said, if there’s one QB I’m keeping an eye on through the draft process, it’s Desmond Ridder. If we’re going to keep running the offense we currently run he’s the guy who’d fit the most imo. Plus you see enough tools to get you excited. And the whole Vrabel-Luke Fickell connection shouldn’t be ignored.

I also found this quote interesting, as I’m sure a lot of us will as Titans fans.

Is there an QB in the NFL that you try to model your game after?

“I would say there are a couple. Guys like Deshaun Watson and Ryan Tannehill, or someone like Marcus Mariota are who I try to model my game after. I would say I am more of a Marcus Mariota kind of guy. I just take little things from him, Deshaun and Ryan Tannehill as well.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Those seem to be the common names. Could probably talk myself into any of the five other than Penning.

tbh there really aren't a lot of options i'd be flat-out upset with. penning and tyler smith are just about the only ones, and really, if we're drafting tyler smith as a guard i'm a lot more okay with that (though if someone like johnson or greene is available then it'd probably be frustrating). all of the WR possibilities around that range have upsides and downsides and interesting dimensions they'd bring, and i'd be fine with basically any of them. wouldn't be thrilled with a QB but i'd cope myself into believing in whoever it is, lmao.

so with all that said....it's probably gonna be penning, isn't it lol

I do think the hate pendulum has swung back over the line on Penning.

He had pretty elite athletics, didn’t he? Bottom of the first is fair for a tackle with a lot of upside in a generally well coached offensive group.

But that’s like if we have to settle for him.

I just worry that it’s gonna be him or Green or Smith or Raimann available. In which case, I would prefer Penning a bit.

If Zion or any top 5 WR is available, then Penning would piss me off.

I don't even think Penning is an elite athlete is the problem.

He's a good athlete with Day 3 gameplay against inferior competition that has good size/strength and a mentality that old school coaches drool over because "it's not something you can coach".

If he was some elite athlete that just needed to refine his technique/footwork it would be a different story. 

People like to say he's a perfect fit for the Titans, not because we need an OT and he's the next best one likely to be available, but because we are the "run the damn ball" team to the media and it's often associated with playing mean and nasty, which is how people see Penning.

I'm afraid Vrabel still believes in the crap because that's how we ended up with the Isiah Wilson fiasco where we drafted a guy 100 picks early because he was a big/strong projection that fit our brand.

At least with Penning the consensus is that he's a first rounder, so there's some hope that everyone sees something that I just don't get. Wilson wasn't top 50 to anyone.

Edited by TitanSS

So, fun fact: of the draftnicks who got the Titans pick last year right, here are the projections for where Tennessee goes:

Todd McShay: Christian Watson
Pete Prisco: Tyler Smith
Les Bowen: George Karloftis
Josh Edwards: Kenyon Green
Paul Kuharsky: N/A
Ben Arthur: Skyy Moore
Terry McCormick: N/A
Buck Reising: N/A
Brent Dougherty: N/A
Darren McFarland: N/A
George Plaster: N/A

N/A is the most popular pick by far.  Of the few available, two WRs, two OLs, and a dang Edge.  No idea where we're going.

39 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

WR is still my gut feeling especially since we have yet to sign AJ to an extension in the last yr of his deal. An there’s no depth. Woods isn’t a promise to make a impact considering coming off an ACL injury 

I think a lot depends on just who is available. If WR5 is there, it really, really should be the pick.

If we’re looking at WR6, then I wouldn’t mind IOL2 or OT4.