2021 TNF Season opener: DAL @ TB

Sad People

Who wins?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bucs
    • The boys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2021 at 12:45 AM

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It did. Dallas had 4 red zone drives and scored 1 TD. Dak also should have been picked off by Davis and Edwards in the end zone. Dak was still impressive but the efficiency in the red zone was missing. You can't lose the game when the opponent gifts you 4 turnovers.

The interception at the end of the first half was meaningless. Godwin’s fumble set the Cowboys up around the 10 yard line. But yes, their redzone efficiency could have been better… and that isn’t necessarily due to Dak Prescott. Tom had some close calls on some throws that were close to being picked off as well. Dak also had a pass bounce off Lamb’s hands for a pick. If Zurlein doesn’t miss an easy 3 point try the Cowboys probably win. Then there is also the controversial OPI debate regarding Gowdwin’s catch at the end. Brady absolutely was not clear cut better than Dak in that football game. It just makes Arian’s comments somewhat eye-roll worthy given what actually happened in the game. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not really. I don’t particularly have anything against Brady at all. I have nothing but respect for him winning it last year and would respect it if he and the Bucs won it again (which they have a good chance of doing). I’m simply saying it would be nice if Dak actually had a formidable defense because the results of last night’s game would be different if he did. 

The only reason the game was close is because Dallas's defense secured FOUR turnovers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The only reason the game was close is because Dallas's defense secured FOUR turnovers.

Not at all. First of all, we’ll go with three turnovers because anyone who watched the game knows the hail mary interception at the end of the first half was irrelevant. 

Second of all, what is really your point? Dallas clearly had miscues as well. I could just as easily say the game was only close because of the mistakes that Dallas made. 

Thirdly, turnovers aside the Dallas defense was atrocious and has been going back to the start of the 2020 season. I mean… they gave up 31 points even with the turnovers they picked up.

This one, singular game aside I would have to imagine most people consider Tom’s defense to be far better than the one that backs up Dak every week.

Really though, the only point I was trying to make is that Brady’s play vs Dak’s wasn’t really the story of that game which is why Arian’s comment is slightly annoying / cliche because the outcome of that game was sooo much more complicated than the simple presence of Tom Brady. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Both defenses sucked. WRs of both teams were running wide open all game long. Only drops stalled drives. 

Both offenses were on fire, but Dak clearly had to throw more tight window and pressure throws. The Bucs defense is still light years better than ours. I dont think we even touched Brady but like 1 time all night. 

42 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The teams trajectories are quite different in terms of potential.

You hope. No proof of that imo. 

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is blatantly false. The "only reason" the game was close is because Dak marched us down the field at will on almost every single dive; not the 4 turnovers for 7 points.  People are trying to make it sound like there was an enormous gap between the teams last night, there wasnt. You could just as easily say "the game was only close because Dallas kept shooting themselves in the foot!". 

Lamb cost us a scoring drive on a drop.

Lamb cost us a second time with a drop INT that was a 7-14 point swing. 

Zeke stumbled on what should have been a walk in TD. 

I mean, those three plays alone and we beat Tampa by 7-21 points. See how dumb that sounds? It comes across as a homer when I put it in those terms, just like it comes across as hater when somebody makes the comment you did. 

• Like 4