2021 TNF Season opener: DAL @ TB

Sad People

Who wins?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bucs
    • The boys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2021 at 12:45 AM

The 2021 season is here so lets discuss the opening game, It should be a good one with the Boys visiting the reigning super bowls champs in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Who ya got to win the game? Do the Bucs start off right where they left off after their super bowl run or stumble out of the gate?

Can the Boys defense be able to stop a nose bleed this year or do they continue their defensive struggles? Does the offense continue where they left off when Dak was under center and will EZE get back to form or is he over the hill at this point?

As of right now Saturday Sept 4th the Bucs are -7.5 point favorites over the Boys

Might be a little early but I dont really care Im excited that football is finally back and we can have some GDTs going.

This is probably my favorite opening night match-up in a long time.  Lots of storylines in this.

It'll be interesting to see how the Bucs do.  That front seven is stacked, and so even if their secondary takes a step back (and I do think they overachieved a tad in that aspect last year), they should be fine defensively.  Really, it all comes down to Arians and Brady.  Now if Brady continues to play like Brady, then there is nothing to worry about.  But if age is finally about to catch up to him, then they are going to need to establish the run game much better than they did last year, something Arians offenses have never done a great job at.

Unfortunately I'm not too sold that Brady's fall off is coming.  If Brady is still Brady then man good luck to the rest of the NFC, because the Bucs from top-to-bottom would be the best all-around team in the conference.  

Edited by iknowcool

Don't see anything apart from a comfortable Bucs win. From all reports at training camp Brady is still looking like Brady and there's nothing to suggest he isn't going to be as good as he always is. The Cowboys defense just doesn't have the personnel to be able to stop all of the weapons on the Tampa offence.

I think Dak will be able to move the ball and score points, just not at the same rate or level that Brady and the Bucs offense will.

It's celebration night in Tampa. The banner gets revealed and the Bucs go 1-0. 

Give the 7.5 points.

Dallas replaced a few pieces on defense but, for the most part, little has changed on either team (other than the fact that Dak is back) so it seems fair to use 2020 points scored and allowed as a simple metric.  That being the case, Tampa is 14.1 points ahead even before we add the usual 3 points for being the home team.  That makes this the biggest blowout of the first weekend.

Is Dak's return worth seven or ten points against a top 8 defense?  Later in the year and against lesser opponents, maybe.  Weekend #1 in Tampa Bay?  Not so much.

Bucs to win, but I don't think they cover

I don't think the Cowboys are anything special - they will probably be .500 give or take a game.. but I also think Tampa is a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, they are clear frontrunners in the division, but I don't see them as some 14-3 dominating team that everyone is making them out to be.

Cowboys offense will keep them in striking distance

• Like 1