•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

On 3/18/2022 at 11:08 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The only silver-lining is we all (aside from like 3 people) hated the Parsons pick. So please, if we must hate...let the football gods also make us really wrong

Whats this? An opportunity for me to pat myself on the back? I told my son Parsons would be the best defensive player in the draft the day after we took him. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If he is completely healthy right now, dude might not even be athletic enough to make a practice squad.

Remember when you and I went on record last year to say that Paris Ford wasn’t an NFL player? Well, the same comments may apply here.

• Like 1

So DeMarvin Leal…

I’m a bit lower on him than the consensus, I think. At least for Dallas. I wanted him to be the next Cam Jordan, but he’s probably more Tyrone Crawford if he works out. I think he’ll be a solid, versatile piece. I think he’ll take a little bit of adjustment time figuring out his best fit in an NFL defense.

If I’m spending a top-56 pick on a DT, I need them to be a quick upgrade over Osa and Gallimore, or he needs to fit a role we don’t have, the way Jordan Davis does.

Leal isn’t it, for me. I’m interested if he fell to round 3.

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

So DeMarvin Leal…

I’m a bit lower on him than the consensus, I think. At least for Dallas. I wanted him to be the next Cam Jordan, but he’s probably more Tyrone Crawford if he works out. I think he’ll be a solid, versatile piece. I think he’ll take a little bit of adjustment time figuring out his best fit in an NFL defense.

If I’m spending a top-56 pick on a DT, I need them to be a quick upgrade over Osa and Gallimore, or he needs to fit a role we don’t have, the way Jordan Davis does.

Leal isn’t it, for me. I’m interested if he fell to round 3.

So they’ll spend a 1st on him and give him a bloated extension and let him stick around way longer than they should?

33 minutes ago, D82 said:

So they’ll spend a 1st on him and give him a bloated extension and let him stick around way longer than they should?

Tyrone was a 3rd round pick who played well, was a locker room leader, and did the dirty work, who fans hate because he ended up slightly overpaid. If Leal matches that description, it’d be a good thing for the team.

For all the hand-wringing about not signing a bunch of outside free agents, Cowboys fans seem to be little Stephen Joneses at heart. Be a big player in free agency, and you are going to end up with a good number of players who wind up as “overpaid”. But in a league where the salary cap can be manipulated and goes up every year, it’s better to have a good player that is overpaid, than to not have the good player at all. Crawford should be viewed as a pretty solid success story for Dallas as a player, IMO.