•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He’s not going to last until #24. Which is good for your mental sanity, because they’d probably pass on him, haha

I feel like we are close to a dozen names people would be generally happy with at 24 - and that’s not counting QBs RBs and CBs. 

Great chance for us to be happy after day 1. 

22 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I feel like we are close to a dozen names people would be generally happy with at 24 - and that’s not counting QBs RBs and CBs. 

Great chance for us to be happy after day 1. 

By my count, there are 20-22 players worth getting stoked about for Dallas at #24:

3 OTs, 2 Gs, 1 C, 4/5 WRs, 6 Edges, 2 DTs, 1 LB, 1/2 CBs

This could go change slightly, since I’m including some guys I expect to like, but haven’t really researched/watched yet (e.g., Ojabo, Burks). In any case, very good chance I’ll be happy with how the board falls.

EDIT: Oh, and add another for Kyle Hamilton, who I apparently removed from my memory because I want him so badly, but know I can’t have him.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

By my count, there are 20-22 players worth getting stoked about for Dallas at #24:

3 OTs, 2 Gs, 1 C, 4/5 WRs, 6 Edges, 2 DTs, 1 LB, 1/2 CBs

This could go change slightly, since I’m including some guys I expect to like, but haven’t really researched/watched yet (e.g., Ojabo, Burks). In any case, very good chance I’ll be happy with how the board falls.

IMO, Ojabo is a better fit in a 3-4 defense, unless a team utilizes the “elephant” hybrid DE/LB position in the 4-3, similar to the position that Clay Matthews played at USC.

Edited by plan9misfit

Just now, plan9misfit said:

IMO, Ojabo is a better fit in a 3-4 defense, unless a team utilizes the “elephant” hybrid DE/LB position in the 4-3. 

Why is that?

I’m obviously going to watch him for myself, but with the length and athleticism, I expected that he’s projectable to grow into playing edge in any scheme. Not unlike TJ Watt. 

I’ve decided that Jermaine Johnson II is the best pure pass rusher in the draft.

Had better production last year(sacks/TFLs) than Hutchinson or Thib.

“His performances on the field earned him the ACC Defensive Player of the Year. Johnson then went to the Senior Bowl and dominated the opposition while there.

The only thing left for him to showcase what he can do was at the NFL Combine Saturday afternoon, and Johnson didn’t disappoint.

The 6’5″ 254-pound defensive end turned in a scorching 4.58 time in his 40-yard dash. That’s only five one-hundredths slower than FSU wide receiver great Rashad Greene at the 2015 NFL Combine. Johnson also posted a 32″ vertical and broad jump of 125″

Edited by DaBoys

14 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’ve decided that Jermaine Johnson II is the best pure pass rusher in the draft.

“His performances on the field earned him the ACC Defensive Player of the Year. Johnson then went to the Senior Bowl and dominated the opposition while there.

The only thing left for him to showcase what he can do was at the NFL Combine Saturday afternoon, and Johnson didn’t disappoint.

The 6’5″ 254-pound defensive end turned in a scorching 4.58 time in his 40-yard dash. That’s only five one-hundredths slower than FSU wide receiver great Rashad Greene at the 2015 NFL Combine. Johnson also posted a 32″ vertical and broad jump of 125″

I think Johnson is going to go a lot higher than some think. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, Johnson is a stud. I haven’t around to checking out all of the edges, but if he really is DE6 like some claim, this class is absolutely loaded. Easily worth pick #24, and supremely low-risk. His matchup against NCST (Ekwonu) is worth a watch—Johnson wins his fair share of the battles.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 8:00 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Why is that?

I’m obviously going to watch him for myself, but with the length and athleticism, I expected that he’s projectable to grow into playing edge in any scheme. Not unlike TJ Watt. 

You’ll see it when you watch the film on him. He was much more successful when he lined up at LB (even in pass rushing situations) than DE. He’s more explosive playing in a more hybrid role than with his hand exclusively in the dirt.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, DaBoys said:

I'm an FSU fan and I absolutely love Jermaine Johnson II but there's no way I'll take him over Kayvon Thibodeaux because he's not as freakishly athletic as Kayvon Thibodeaux and he's also a (full) two years older than Kayvon Thibodeaux (21 vs. 23) which means Kayvon Thibodeaux imo has more room to grown, develop and then improve. 

I do consider Jermaine Johnson II as the 2nd best pass rusher behind only Kayvon (who has generational Pass Rushing potential) and I think he'll get drafted right outside of the top 10 (if not within the top 10) and no later than 15/16 because I believe it's a 0.00% chance he gets past Philadelphia. 

• Like 1