•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
Green is pretty firmly option 3 for me behind Dean and the Iowa wrestler. Any one of those three would be a home run immediate starter at the end of round 1. 

I feel pretty good about those 3. I might have Green higher than Dean.

But the more I dig into this draft, the fatter picks 10-32 feel. This defensive end class, man. I watched some of Jermaine Johnson (~EDGE7?) today, and he made some quick work of Ekwonu. Makes me think we aren’t looking hard enough at the pass rushers, too.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But the more I dig into this draft, the fatter picks 10-32 feel. This defensive end class, man. I watched some of Jermaine Johnson (~EDGE7?) today, and he made some quick work of Ekwonu. Makes me think we aren’t looking hard enough at the pass rushers, too.

Edge is super interesting since I don’t think I’d want a guy in the top 5. And if we sign RG we have Dlaw and him as bookends. So I’d probably lean day 2 or 3 add. But good call. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Offensive line. Defensive line. Early. Often. Annually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Edge is super interesting since I don’t think I’d want a guy in the top 5. And if we sign RG we have Dlaw and him as bookends. So I’d probably lean day 2 or 3 add. But good call. 

You always need pass rushers and you are probably just 1 year and/or 1 injury away from it being a massive hole. Plus, it’s not every draft that the supply of pass rushers is high enough to push a 1st round graded edge to the mid-20s.

I’m barely started on the DEs, but I think Karlaftis and Johnson are definitely names for the short list.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

16 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jermaine-Johnson-LB-Georgia

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hard to know for sure what his market value is going to be, but right now I’m not terribly confident RG returns. His departure would bump priority significantly. 

Still early, but my initial feelings about the position groups for pick #24.

IOL - Extremely strong. Linderbaum, Green, and Johnson are 100% worthy.

LB - Talent is worthy of the pick, but I might lean against it. Dean and Lloyd are definitely worthy picks that I wouldn’t complain about. I think the dropoff to round 2 and 3 is much less than other positions.

DT - Still working this position. Wyatt would be a home run (I’d still take the IOL guys, though). Davis would probably be a backup option at #24 for me. I don’t get the impression this DT group stretches very far in the draft, so it’s worth considering.

DE - I’m really just starting to scratch the surface here, but wow, such a strong group. You could have a pass rusher sitting at #24 that would be a top-15 lock in other years. I think you have to consider it. Karlaftis and Johnson are guys I really like in that range.

Safety - Hill and Brisker can both ball. Think I’d consider them if the board was really wiped out.

WR - Haven’t gotten around to them yet, but I feel pretty confident we are underrating the possibility of selecting one early.

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

DT - Still working this position. Wyatt would be a home run (I’d still take the IOL guys, though). Davis would probably be a backup option at #24 for me. I don’t get the impression this DT group stretches very far in the draft, so it’s worth considering.

I was against DT at one point with a solid depth chart in fold. But, think I’ve over estimated the odds of Hill and Urban returning. Agree Wyatt is probably to good to pass up depending on the board. Couple of really intriguing guys (Jones/Mathis) possibly sitting at 56 too. 

21 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

DE - I’m really just starting to scratch the surface here, but wow, such a strong group. You could have a pass rusher sitting at #24 that would be a top-15 lock in other years. I think you have to consider it. Karlaftis and Johnson are guys I really like in that range.

Have a feeling this is definitely going to be in play at 24. At the moment, I suspect we’re losing DLaw or RG. 

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I was against DT at one point with a solid depth chart in fold. But, think I’ve over estimated the odds of Hill and Urban returning. Agree Wyatt is probably to good to pass up depending on the board. Couple of really intriguing guys (Jones/Mathis) possibly sitting at 56 too. 

Have a feeling this is definitely going to be in play at 24. At the moment, I suspect we’re losing DLaw or RG. 

I have mainly only started learning about guys in the 1st round range, but will definitely check out Jones and Mathis at DT. I have to admit skepticism going in, though. Between Hill, Gallimore, Osa, we have three Day 2 DTs who can play solid football, but aren’t massive difference makers. I don’t need another guy like that. With Wyatt, you might have the next Fletcher Cox. If you can’t land a guy with that kind of potential, I’ll roll with the guys we have at DT

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

VERY Fun WR draft. I wonder if this will impact some WR contracts from FA. 

In my ideal world, we’d take care of WR in FA. But I’m interested to see, especially if the might actually cut Amari.

-

I forgot to add OT. I am *not* down for the guys in the #24 range.