•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I mean...that'd be kinda nice.

I actually don’t think it’s overly unrealistic. I don’t expect Linderbaum to fall, but it’s much more common that zero interior OL get drafted before #24 than that three do. Between Linderbaum, Green, and Zion, it’s very likely a really solid iOL is available.

And with safeties, well, Cowboys fans disappointingly know how that goes. Many drop like rocks into the 40s and 50s. Adderly, Rapp, Thornhill, Delpit, Winfield, Moehrig. The question is less, “could Brisker fall?”, and more, “would we even take him if he did?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t think the FO should or will be looking DT with their premium picks, but UConn DT Travis Jones is someone that has piqued my interest. He’s a load and actually offers a little pass rush ability too. 

If Jordan Davis is there, he’d warrant considerstion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If Jordan Davis is there, he’d warrant considerstion.

I have reservations about Davis. His hype doesn’t meet his production. 

He spent a significant amount of time on the sidelines instead of in the game. If college is too fast for your conditioning…the NFL is gonna be a rude awakening. 

Great when he gets snaps, though. 

14 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I have reservations about Davis. His hype doesn’t meet his production. 

He spent a significant amount of time on the sidelines instead of in the game. If college is too fast for your conditioning…the NFL is gonna be a rude awakening. 

Great when he gets snaps, though. 

Conditioning is certainly a consideration for Davis. A team will have to feel pretty good about the person he is, and the willingness to put in the work as a full-time job.

Having said that, that’s the only reason there is any chance he’ll be available at #24. He makes a massive difference, literally and figuratively, when he’s on the field. Vita Vea-like. We’d be foolish not to put a ton of work into understanding him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Conditioning is certainly a consideration for Davis. A team will have to feel pretty good about the person he is, and the willingness to put in the work as a full-time job.

Having said that, that’s the only reason there is any chance he’ll be available at #24. He makes a massive difference, literally and figuratively, when he’s on the field. Vita Vea-like. We’d be foolish not to put a ton of work into understanding him.

One can make an argument that Jordan Davis was more impactful in college then Vea was, which says a lot considering how much of an animal Vea was at Washington. He was damn near unstoppable.

I feel like Jordan Davis is going to get talked to death (“Can he rush the passer? Where do you draft a 2-down nose tackle in today’s game?”) and end up going way higher than where most mocks have him, not unlike Vea and Derrick Brown in recent years.

• Like 1